Armalite AR-10

Kat Tsun

Hopefully when alien armour and armour mitigation become Things this will be more useful, probably as a better penetrating rifle, but more recoil and less accuracy.

For now it's just a beefed up Ballistic Rifle because I don't know how recoil works. Click the images for bigger versions. The current sprites are basically placeholder images until I can trace over it in a more Xenonautsy-style I suppose as a hotfix or something.

ar10%20mod.png

ar10%20modb.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qflyv3yesnadhhp/AR-10_Xenonauts_Mod.rar

Just extract it into the Xenonauts root directory.

Edited by Kat Tsun

So the Recoil setting is the minimum Strength that is required to use the weapon without penalty? Any idea what Recoil is actually doing (e.g. increasing the probability of just missing vs the prob. of shooting high)?

So the Recoil setting is the minimum Strength that is required to use the weapon without penalty? Any idea what Recoil is actually doing (e.g. increasing the probability of just missing vs the prob. of shooting high)?

It effects either the weapons shot accuracy scores (Burst accuracy=20, ETC ETC,) or the soldiers accuracy scores.

Both methods would be legitimately devastating to your soldiers performance.

One would force you to take aim shots for any reasonable accuracy, the other is a massive penalty across the board.

For example, the hunting revolver in my ballistic expansion has a recoil of 68, despite it having fairly adequate accuracy scores since I buffed it (Yes, buffed,) you probably cannot hit any aliens with a recruit.

The problem with it being my main test of the recoil attribute is....

For most soldiers, the penalty is so huge that I cannot tell which one it is.

Well, at least it is a curved effect (at least that is what it said in the String.xml file), so the effect is lessened the closer your Strength is to the Recoil value. That is far better than just a general accuracy penalty to the weapon.

• 3 months later...