Hero: Custom Portraits Mod

Falkner

Hi, Falkner Here

The first reason i signed up is to say what a fantastic job everyone here and the Dev team are doing with Xenonauts, it's clearly a labor of love. I'm very happy I purchased the game and looking forward to the full release.

Why am i posting this in the modding forum? Well I'm an avid tinkerer and love to customize my games, I love how accessible Xenonauts is even to the casual modder and I'd like to share the content I make for myself freely with the community.

Onto the content!

One of the things I truly missed from the classic UFO:EU was the soldier portraits, the savage faces and outrageous hair were something I wanted to recreate for my own nostalgia. So i spent an entire weekend, perhaps a little longer in a flash utility called Hero Machine 3 generating portraits, 2d sprite style.

Long story short, I now have around 115 new soldier portraits in the style of my profile pic from generic to the outrageous, a lot of them are inspired from videogame and movie characters (like the blatant MGS:4 Solid Snake lookalike in my profile pic) and I'd like to share them freely with everyone - if that is OK.

I'm asking permission first because, from what I gather, a lot of people paid a substantial amount of kick-starter money to have their own custom soldiers in xenonauts, and this infringes on that somewhat. I'd like some feedback if this content is ok before Posting.

Thanks for reading!

Updated 22/7/13

Download Link is up. This mod replaces *all* portraits for Male and Female, Also fills in some portraits that are currently missing in the experimental build (nor12-20 etc.) Just drop the 'assets' folder into your xenonauts directory

As always, make backups of the files you are replacing first - in case you decide to revert to the original portraits. Thanks guys n gals, enjoy!

LINK: Xenonauts Hero Portraits Download (right click, save as)

I included the photoshop master too if you fancy tinkering.

cust61_portrait.jpg

cust00_portrait.png

med00_portrait.png

nor02_portrait.png

cust21_portrait.jpg

cust61_portrait.jpg

cust00_portrait.png

med00_portrait.png

nor02_portrait.png

cust21_portrait.jpg

cust61_portrait.jpg.21298e5c5a1a3d893ad3

cust00_portrait.png.f8a50d416352c9d496ab

med00_portrait.png.bfaafca30b33c863ee1d9

nor02_portrait.png.295bb8047a5d8eda31177

cust21_portrait.jpg.eae0c6e45448072b6ddd

Edited by Falkner

Alright, seems like there are no objections :3

I'll set up the download!

Also, would an admin pretty please change this Thread title to 'Hero: Custom Portraits Mod' as it's current title is kinda misleading/vague.

Edited by Falkner

• 2 years later...