How to get rid of sceen during alien move?

Thanks, I found it easier to change the name hiddenmovement.png. to hiddenmovement.old so I can easily change it back. I did not find it necessary to replace the file with another one. Now I can see all the movement that my soldiers can see. Thanks for the tip.This is for version 4 of the beta.

Henri

I think so, but apparently the file has to be transparent, from what I have read. I have now played a few hours without the screen, and I like it much better. I hated it before when I had to wait until the end of the alien move to find that one of my soldiers had been hit by an alien and I had no idea where the shot came from. Now if your soldier sees the alien before he dies, you see it too, and I can see friendlies running around the map (in sight of my soldiers) which gives me some information about where the aliens are NOT. For example if a civilian runs into a building and I don't hear a shot, I can safely presume that there is no alien in there.

Once the hidden movement camera tracking is fixed it shouldn't be a problem whichever way you want to use it.

The hidden movement screen can be replaced with an image of your choice easily though.

I think the only limitation is that it should be resized to match the dimensions of the original one as the game distorts it a little otherwise.

At the moment you cannot seem to force the game to select from multiple images though which is a pity.

At the moment you cannot seem to force the game to select from multiple images though which is a pity.

Dev support please?

Like, depending on the terrain and your current tech level. So, if you're playing an arctic, and have researched tier 3, you'd see a picture of Xenonauts fighting through snow holding plasma guns. It'd require a lot of art, so I'm not advocating adding that feature, just asking that the functionality is there so we can do that later.

Get some of the crazy-good artists in the community to make images for each tier/terrain combination. That'd add a whole lot to the game. Otherwise, the hidden movement image just gets so old after a few missions.

So, yeah. The hidden movement screen should update with mission location and tech level, kinda like the base screens do.

1. Go to ".\Steam\steamapps\common\Xenonauts\assets\gui\GroundCombat\hiddenmovement"

2. Rename the file "hiddenmovement_small.png" to "hiddenmovement_small.png_bkp"

3. Replace the original file with this one:

http://i39.tinypic.com/fmml91.png (transparent image)

Rename it to "hiddenmovement_small.png"

Hi. I tried this and it didn't work for me. The file that you linked to is actually a jpeg, does that affect it? (I did rename it to png, but it's still a jpeg, of course).

Hi. I tried this and it didn't work for me. The file that you linked to is actually a jpeg, does that affect it? (I did rename it to png, but it's still a jpeg, of course).

Just delete the original file or rename it to something, other than hiddenmovement_small.png