[19.4] AI turn causes CTD - repeatable

Thanks for posting the saved game, but when I load that saved game using the latest Steam build there appears to be now crash - I can continue the mission as normal. Can you give me a little more information about what happened when it was crashing? Had you done any actions with any of those soldiers? Were you windowed/fullscreen and what resolution were you using? Any mods installed?

If anyone else has a chance could you also try loading up the save and seeing if you get the crash?

i downloaded and ran savegame on 19.4, pressing skip turn not CTD instantly, but large amount of allien units attacked.

i noticed at least one psion on field, killing his illusion may CTD, possibly including cases when other alliens kill it.

I made this save specificly after my "turn actions" and it crashes 100% of time for me. It's in windowed 1080p (my dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/W8TK0SaA ). Validating of cache didn't clear the issue.

But since you can't reproduce it then my ongoing theory is that it's something with my machine or that the issue is not with AI turn itself but that it takes so long that I have pressed some keys to see whether it's stuck (as nothing changes on my side) which leads to CTD?

I notice from your dxdiag that the you seem to be running 1920*1080 on a screen which is only listed as supporting 1280*720? Is that a mistake in the diagnostic file or do you have some slightly odd setup (external monitor)?

It's an external 1080p monitor hooked to laptop so that's probably the reason for odd report in dxdiag.

I will try to replicate that on my office PC and get back to this topic later on with results, because on my laptop i can repeat it every time.

Weird, but thanks for tracking that down - there's probably some loose code in GC which needs tightening up, I've made a note for the next optimisation pass.

Hi. Although i haven't played version 19.4, i played version 19.3 and noticed that before the combat begins (loading combat environment probably) and specially between the last turn and the summary screen the game seems almost to freeze, as it takes quite some minutes to pass for me. This with the option on launcher to send the tracking stats or the like. If i disable the tracking stats, the problem persists, but the game takes much less time "frozen".

I have a 20 Mb internet connection, but the internet hub might be slowing it down a lot. I will try without the hub later. I think the game is sending a lot of data when stats tracking is activated.