Should I buy pre-order?

Hi

i just wanted to ask You few questions:

1) is the game worth buying in pre-order?

2) will the game`s price be higher once it`s released?

3) when do You expect to release it?

I played the demo, loved it but If i am to wait a year for official release, I`ll wait with buying....

The game is kind of sorta kinda rough in places but also totally, totally playable. I've been playing the stable build and only one time did it crash to desk top. There's a few little niggly bits here and there, like throwing grenades, but once you realise how that bug works, you can just work around it during play, so its usually not really an issue.

If you "loved" the demo, then I'd just jump right in man. I've been playing less than a month and I've almost clocked 50 odd hours (damn you, Steam!) and to be honest I've found the over-all experience less frustrating and more satisfying than the new Firaxis XCom.

If you can't wait for a game that plays like the REAL X-com with high resolution, get the game. The only inconvenience I have found is that saved games are not compatible with newer beta versions, but if you don't mind too much restarting from scratch occasionally when a new beta version comes out, it is very close to playing the full game. You can avoid this by not playing the betas, but the non-beta "stable" version has serious deficiencies like not being able to throw grenades over obstacles.

For a good idea, check out the "learning" videos in the thread "Now let's play...". He makes some hilarious mistakes which makes it all the more interesting, and you get a really good idea of how the game plays with the latest beta.

I would say wait, probably. It's not close to release yet, and the game is lacking a lot in balance, tilesets (maps, map flavors and props), and reliability (bugs and such are constantly present). Additionally, they're in the process of "streamlining" things, so who knows if it will be to your taste upon release anyway? Certainly, I've been less than happy with some revelations since purchase (interceptors being one, but a lack of multiple level terrain being another huge one).

It seems more a late alpha than a beta, especially since you can't actually finish the game yet, and alpha play is not for everyone. Basically, if you want to be an active participant in the development discussions, "beta test" and report, or just support the team with needed cash, buy now; if not, it's just an extra $5 to wait for a final release (or free to just wait for a decent beta release in a couple months or so).

I doubt it will take a year to finish it at this stage, but I'm not sure at all. I would guess we get a near-final release around 4-6 months out, but that's coming right out my out hole.