V1Full of the Walrus Tactical Balisitc expansion: Art, XP, and recoil update.

WalrusJones

step to make the revolver work.

1) Find Light recon

2) have a smoke break as i reload double barrel

3)breach and flash

4) Flash more

5) still flashing

6) point blank spam of 'normal' shots

7) dead 50%of the time

works best with 3 Red shirts... I mean soldiers

Edited by JamesRoshal

In my defense, my research team handed them over the lever action, double barrel and hunter revolver, then took all the other guns away for more 'testing.'

They now refuse to give them up... silly egg heads

Edited by JamesRoshal
My R&D team are evil

I used the suppression effect a lot in the harder mode, Snipers and battle rifles with aimed shots, LMG if I got a clear line of sight/arc. then clean up with my hunter-killer fireteams. shotgun/smg/AR

Edit: I try for open field enagements.. seeing as I lose my hunter-killer to every UFO door I open. I have yet to find out how to breach a door without having walking into the next room

Edited by JamesRoshal

This next version is also probably going to have a lot of work put into making the mod more difficult, to make the "Tactical" part of the mod more necessary.

1. Ammo, Grenades, C4, and Medical packs will have their weight increased, almost universally, to prevent 3-4 weapon loadouts from becoming too common.

- Pistol ammo, and Varmint rifle ammo retain their low weight.

2. The number of 30< damage weapons has been brought down considerably, I have preserved most of their power levels.

3. A joke weapon has been tweaked to be more jokish.

4. Chemical-Ballistic weapons are being tuned to fill their intended role as a whole to the final version (Limited power level weapons with large ammo capacities.)

5. Stun grenades will become weaker, in preparation for tier two's stun ammo that will be available for the second tier shotgun.

5.a. I will look into adding more tabs to the barracks screen, which I haven't seen another mod do. This probably means that messaging Chris is the best and only option for answering my question.

It shares standard shotgun ammo.

-Which will remain comparatively light...

Part of the tactical side of the mod is the "Its hard enough to necessitate tactics."

I find myself with soldiers who can carry nothing but a full loadout of C4 and hand grenades after a little over a month: That is a little messed up, given how powerful explosives are.

Hence, why their weight will be increasing soon. (They will be getting a TU incentive to make themselves slightly more convenient, to reflect their high weight cost.)

Strength will be an attribute that is just as important as TU's, Accuracy, or Resilience in my mod.

This is intentional, as I want that one awesome soldier you seldom get to be something you treasure, favor, and brag of. Someone you clutch your heart at when he dies.

Note that later tech tree ammunition will be lighter then ballistic ammo, this is due to ballistic weapons generally having long magazines when they are not a joke.

If it gets too hard, I will listen, and I do intend to add opportunities of base micromanagement that can make the tactical/air game much easier.

Edit:

Alright.

Most of the weapon code is done, I just need to add two manufacturing recipes, do strings, add some Xenopedia flavor text regarding the manufacturing department.

V1.1 is almost here.

Edit2: All code, Strings, and art is implemented, animations are all that is left.

V1.2 is now in planning: I think most of it will be assigning the new weapons to be used by AI units, making alterations to air combat (Particularly the foxtrot,) in preparation for us diverging the indestructible aircraft design of V19, and instead balancing destructible aircraft.

My plans for the foxtrot in particular:

Second Torpedo replaced with missile (Resulting in slightly less net damage as leaving them with two torpedos, but leaving them with four missiles overall.)

Cost reduction: Its cost doesn't make sense in comparison to the Condors.

Manufactured, consumable missile types (Torpedos are to be availible for these types, but are more money/resource expensive.)

Tungsten dart sidewinder (Obtained upon light scout research.) $1200 and two man days, is more powerful then the standard sidewinder.

Alloy Dart Sidewinder (Obtained upon alloy fabrication.) $800, 1 alloy, and a man day. Is a bit stronger then Depleted alienium missiles (New name for the standard alienium missiles.)

Live alienium Sidewinder (Obtained with alienium explosives,) $2000, 1 alienium, and a man day. Is fairly powerful. Stronger then an Alloy dart.

All are designed to be a clutch item: Something that can be used to hopefully catch up in the event that you fall behind in the tech tree, at the cost of some money, and resources (That you will hopefully get back from the downed craft.)

This will be an early feature of the "Allowing you to do base micro to hopefully make the game slightly easier."

This will be something I try to keep optional, but highly advised.

Those of you missing the micromanagement from the original, I hope this mod appeals to you past 1.2.

EDIT.

Everything is finished, now I just need to test it (And fix various crashes I inevitably have caused.)

1.2 now is launch successful.

I will now make sure everything in the mod functions, and RELEASE IT.

Edited by WalrusJones

• 2 weeks later...