Balance is geting worse by each built instead of geting better

I didn't read all in here, but there's one HUGE thing bothering me:

My guys are bloody morons when it comes to avoid shooting around stuff RIGHT IN FRONT of them.

This made me not play IronMan for now.

Some exemples:

Guy sits behind a small wall.

I'm trying to shoot an alien with rather low hit chance - BOOM wall hit.

Really? Sitting behind a wall for ages and unable to at least pull up the damn gun high enough to actually be able to shoot OVER instead of INTO it?

Trees are even worse - i cannot shoot through their brances, nor can I see through, even sitting.

Its worse when my soldiers are in front of me, cause now ill hit the guy in front of me, even when the shooter and the guy in front didnt move.

Aimed shot? You wish

On multiple occasions i threw grenades into soldiers right in front of me, fired rockets into walls etc

A trained soldier really should be able to at least not hit stuff RIGHT IN FRONT of him, especially not with normal or even aimed shots.

I feel like commanding a bunch of derp Stormtroopers somethimes...

Soldiers should not be hitting props in tiles adjacent to them - if that is happening could you post a bug about it in the bugs forums please? Of course any props which are in the shooters line of fire and they are not right next can be hit based on their stopping chance.

Which trees are you seeing block line of sight? If it's the conifer trees on the arctic map that's intentional, as they are one of the few props we have there that can block line of sight.

I am thinking about increasing accuracy as a test for one of the next experimental builds, but I don't really want to commit to doing so until we have fixed a few more accuracy affecting bugs in the aiming system.

Soldiers should not be hitting props in tiles adjacent to them - if that is happening could you post a bug about it in the bugs forums please? Of course any props which are in the shooters line of fire and they are not right next can be hit based on their stopping chance.

Which trees are you seeing block line of sight? If it's the conifer trees on the arctic map that's intentional, as they are one of the few props we have there that can block line of sight.

I am thinking about increasing accuracy as a test for one of the next experimental builds, but I don't really want to commit to doing so until we have fixed a few more accuracy affecting bugs in the aiming system.

Glad this is considered buggy - ill write down some more in depth stuff when it happens again.

I did indeed mean the arctic trees.

Accuracy increasing wont solve random shots in the back of the soldier kneeing in front of me, or shooting rockents into my own cover - it would just make it happen less often, as far as i understood the accuracy mechanic so far

For my 2 cents...

Its beta, bugs happen, we can assume how it will be when certain things get fixed, and we have the means to compensate.

I can understand that people want to do their own thing, and would like to find success, but that by definition contradicts with the word "Tactics".

I play by the game's rules, not by my own, still though there is enough flexibility to where you arent left with only a small set of options for success.

I personally am enjoying the Alien Stats, the grenade changes, and the improved feel the AI has.

This is by far the best beta build yet for me, and I think the balance is coming along well.

Glad this is considered buggy - ill write down some more in depth stuff when it happens again.

I did indeed mean the arctic trees.

Accuracy increasing wont solve random shots in the back of the soldier kneeing in front of me, or shooting rockents into my own cover - it would just make it happen less often, as far as i understood the accuracy mechanic so far

Not sure which version you mean, but it's been several playthroughs since I hit my own soldiers in the back, now that I understand the one square and kneeling rules. Note that cover that is two squares (distant) in size isn't always safe to fire over.