Just Got It

I preordered the other day - been playing when I can. I love it so far, Ive been waiting for another "xcom" game to come out. I did try it out again (the old one) on dos box ... but it didnt feel the same, besides the game needed some new skin and this one looks nice so far.

I have gotten a few months into it in the game and im at the beginning of my first base raid. so far it seems they are shooting through my walls and killing my soldiers - :(

note:

I have found that you can manufacture precision laser rifles for a profit. If anyone else has any wealth building tips that'd be great.

deuce

The alien base thing is one of those known issue that will get sorted in future builds before release.

Enjoy the profitable lasers while you can. Unless the developers have quite a change of heart, the idea is that the funding should be very much based around keeping those funding nations happy, and not from manufacturing.

I assumed the base thing would get ironed out - or hoped :). I just gonna start a new one.

they dont like the manufacturing for profit huh.. bummer. That was a good way to supplement the income in the old game - for me anyway.

Oh no. Not blaster bombs... I loved those things. The psionics and turning a profit I could live with out, but blaster bombs were probably the best thing in the game. they're gonna have to get really creative to compensate :)

I like to pretend that the aliens invested in awesome security turrets and cameras, which is why they seem to know where you always are.

Geez, if it werent for that little bug where having an alien base in the stable beta makes you constantly lose money, I would just ignore them.

Hi all, a long time lurker here!

I've had the Steam release for a few days now and am also loving it, a worthy successor to X:COM. I've restarted the game once now that I know grenades fly like haddocks and the soldiers aren't able to lob them over objects.

Also the first terror mission really was an eye opener, who are those guys dressed in black gimp suits with Gene Simmons eye makeup?

Cheers.

Jon