Two Tactical Map Suggestions

Great game so far, can't wait for the finished product!

Anyway, here's two suggestions I have for the tactical aspect of the game.

1) Why is the Scout Car always in the back of the craft? It blocks the side doors and has a hard time getting out because of all the soldiers in the way. My suggestion would be to select and modify the layout of troops in the landing craft. Maybe I want specific weapons to roll out first, or maybe I want the Scout Car to be the first one out the door. Mostly, I want the Scout Car to be first so I can use the side doors.

2) So, I couldn't help but notice that the soldiers were really frequently shooting the cover they were right next to. Perhaps let a shooter ignore the tile in front of them to represent firing over a rock, barrel or around a tree or crate? Or at least a hefty modifier to make it a rare occurrence.

The first is already in the game. You can move stuff in the dropship around in the aircraft management base screen.

The second is also in the game, as far as I'm aware. I've not had problems like that; in fact, you can even shoot over your own guys if they're crouching and right in front of you. Were you shooting diagonally? Rather, was the cover diagonally away from you, touching the corner of your guy's tile and not one of the sides?

Awesome! I will make use of the management screen once I find it.

As far as the cover went, it didn't seem to matter about where my soldiers were in the cover but I will pay increased attention to the positioning next time I play. And I quickly stopped trying to fire over my kneeling soldiers. The standing guys were really prone to shoot them in back of the head.