.dll release

Terradive

Will the Goldhawk interactive team be releasing a .dll file to assist with some of the more awesome points of modding? I'd like to add some things into the game that are not available via the xml files. For instance, maybe I want to add a huge tank alien that is a melee brawler. Lots of hit points. His purpose is to either melee or run toward enemy positions and force enemies out of their hidey holes for ranged weapon users to snipe off/mow down. Maybe I want to add a ninja class for the Xenonauts. Poppers? Those would be cool. Those could probably be handled with Ai there now however. How about technological control? It compromises tanks and andron units. Like mind control for robots. Mayyyybe I want to do a lot of things with this that would be cool. I totally understand that this is in beta, just asking.

I don't think you can mod the AI.

As for melee brawlers and poppers, you can add those into the game now. I've already done a brawler lizardman who melees, the trouble is that I can't/don't know how to mod the AI so he uses the reaper-type AI mode, which is not quite what I want. You'd make a popper by giving him a weak unanimated 1 range explosive melee attack, and since poppers are a low-hp kamikaze type of class, they'd die in the attack. The bigger drones now explode on death, so you copy that for the popper.

The coder doing the AI has modable AI as one of the goals. Up to what extent and if time will make it possible are still unknown.

Note:

This is the link for his blog. He introduces Xenonauts AI project and some more data that is a must read.

http://codepoke.net/2012/08/18/xenonauts-a-i-starting-blocks/

Edited by lightgemini

I don't think you can mod the AI.

I did. It cut the number of Hidden Movement infinite loops considerably (but is still in testing).

The coder's blog entry was from August 2012. This is the 'new' AI that the game is using' date=' and [b']states[/b] can be modified by editing \assets\groundcombat\ai\behaviours.xml. Unfortunately there is no commenting, but most of the variables appear to have logical names.

I did. It cut the number of Hidden Movement infinite loops considerably (but is still in testing).

The coder's blog entry was from August 2012. This is the 'new' AI that the game is using, and states can be modified by editing \assets\groundcombat\ai\behaviours.xml. Unfortunately there is no commenting, but most of the variables appear to have logical names.

That is not even close to what I am talking about.