Looking for art assets assistance

Wrath_IX

Hey everyone, I am working on a fairly large mad and need someone to assist with the art assets. especially since I am terrible with art but great with coding.

I am currently using some really cheesy place holder images and would like stuff that actually looks like it was designed for the game.

Anyone willing to help please let me know and I can e-mail you the art assets I am currently using so you can make replica's that look like they fit with the existing art assets of the game

I used to have an assistant named Laggy Wolf, ill refer them over to you if they come back to these forums...

However, it isn't that hard to photoshop IRL assets like those seen on IMFDB, and turn them into items that fit with the art style of the Xenonauts game using paint.net.

1. Reduce them to fit in the pixel-size to a weapon that you want.

2. Create three new copies of the modified image in layers to make the details more subtle, but still there, One should be under the effect pixelate with a cell size of two (At 50% transparancy,) another pixelate with a cell size of four (At 12-25% transparency,) one with Gaussian blur with a radius of one (At your own volition of transparency.)

- You should now start seeing pixel patterns similar to the actual official art assets appear on the side of your weapon... Suspicious.

- Wood metal, and thin bits of metal require different treatments... Feel free to go to about 20 layers using variations of this effect on various places instead of one general effect.

3. Use levels, curves, or brightness-contrast to draw out enough detail for it to be interesting to look at on a black background.

I am good with Photoshop, so if we work together, I can handle Art Assets (but not ground combat)

I love how everyone refuses to redo the ground combat images, it's going to make my Mod feel very lonely. Don't worry I will release a template for the public to speed this up.

If I have enough time for art assets that I can make most real weapons if you simply name it....

Some are best left to artists.

tEDlGMj.png

- I made this one on my free time just to practice, and I am still trying to think of a way to fit it in my own mod...

But, go ahead and snag it, anyone.

CAWS, G11's, and the like I have trouble with: Few high RES images are not copyright, and they don't have too many details to begin with, making them uninteresting to look at without an artist adding things on to them.

Edited by WalrusJones

Ok so here are some copies of the assets I am currently using. Ideally I would like them to look more like they are part of the same art set as the rest of the weapons in the game

hvyshotgun.jpg

Heavy Shotgun

hvysniper2.jpg

.50cal Sniper Rifle

hvysniper_ammo.png

.50cal Ammo Mag

m202.jpg

M202 Multi Rocket Launcher System

law.png

hvysniper2.jpg

hvysniper_ammo.png

law.png

hvyshotgun.jpg

m202.jpg

hvysniper2.jpg.51bcc549f0bc16615019df7d6

hvysniper_ammo.png.379d8fa630a36554760af

law.png.3b7c46d21e8725db1b57793e2204fac5

hvyshotgun.jpg.f7695c24e8e8ad8092ef064bb

m202.jpg.885b067fe988c9b207be768f4a0b455

Here are some more

minigun.jpg

the XM133 Gas operated Minigun. For those times when harsh language will not convey the message well enough

MP5.jpg

MP5 self explanatory

mp5mag.png

minigun_ammo.jpg

Minigun ammo

law.png

Lighter alternative to normal rocketlauncher though much shorter range and less accurate

minigun.jpg

MP5.jpg

mp5mag.png

minigun_ammo.jpg

law.png

minigun.jpg.7a92cc15d9ade1b812eebf80d527

MP5.jpg.93c5737d65dc06a6f39a1441b250ded3

mp5mag.png.ef37ae69628d3bd292c01eb17e0f0

minigun_ammo.jpg.868c86a6fd6ba115d8b2d6c

law.png.7f0d2f83853158bef68dc52812e00199

assaultrifleg3.png

As for the assault rifle the model they used for the precision rifle is the H&K G3 which has multiple variations a percision rifle like they used and an assault rifle so I just took that stock artwork and used paint.net to remove the scope and poof a new assault rifle that looks like it came stock with the game

assaultrifleg3.png

assaultrifleg3.png.dfddaf25f1c4406455a20

Yeah the Law I got already looks like it is from stock artwork too so that one doesn't need any work

As for the Jackhammer all it needs is to be lightened up to a grey shade. scale and style are already matching to the xenonauts stock art, its just too dang dark right now

The light 50 only really needs minor touch up this one is far better then the first one I had (see below)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2350[/ATTACH]

This one is way darker and smaller image so when the game converts it to the GUI frame size it gets really ugly