Introduction thread!

Chris

Hello everyone, My name is Michael, and I actually found out about Xenonauts by accident.

Keep this in mind, I am not new to Strategy games, though I only dabble in turn based (Final Fantasy Tactics, and Record of Agarest Zero being the most memorable from the ones I've played), I mostly excel in RTS's

I was watching a youtube video one day, and the name Xcom was thrown around a few times, I had seen the new game, but I was not interested for the sole fact that my only experience of it, was from the console version (no, No, bad console version) of the demo, and I was initially uninterested, but I heard there was an older game of it, so I look on youtube and see an LP of it.

At first the game looked amazing, so much to do, so many things to micromanage, It looked like I could actually be the sole commander of the sole hope for human kind against an alien threat...and then I saw a few things that irritated me (Mainly just small nitpicky things) so I thought I'd go on steam and look up Xcom, see if there were other games, I looked into every single one, and other than the new X-com games that my laptop can't run? I didn't find anything interesting...

And then Xenonauts popped up, and I thought "what the heck is Xenonauts? that sounds like a bad game...I'm bored, what is it"

And I can't tell you how happy I am that I did, I've enjoyed the game ever since.

It has got to be one of my favorite strategy games now, >:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! The name's Alex. I'm based in Vietnam (South East Asia, if you don't know ;)) I got introduced to Xenonauts couple months ago by a friend who is quite a long-time hardcore fan of of the series, and I've been in love with it since then. I've been lurking for the most part, until I decided to join the experimental branch of Xenonauts on Steam, encountered some bugs, reported on here and thought might as well be a little bit more active, as this place seems like quite a cozy and friendly community.

Other than that, when I'm not playing Xenonauts or any other games, I'm a freelance pixel artist and game designer, working on various indie game projects!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... I've already posted, but I just saw the introductions thread. So, I'm a student who loves challenging games, though perhaps I don't have as much time to play them as I'd like. I never got far in the old X-COM games, but I did enjoy them. I played a lot of JA2, and some JA1, I played UFO: Extraterrestrials, and other tactical ground combat games. Thusfar, I'm liking Xenonauts a lot, and going through the forums, the community seems great as well, so a big thank you to all of you - game creators, community, modders and community coders!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am a South African and I have a broad love for games and am really am enjoying Xenonauts. It is scratching the challenge itch, especially with mods and hope that one day I can find the patience to complete an Insanity/Ironman game.

I send my greetings to the community and thank the creators, modders and all those that contribute to make Xenonauts a better game and hope to see things go from strength to strength.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm Amuys. I'm big fan of UFO (though not TFTD) and EU2012. I just started playing Xenonauts after some suggestions from my friends.

If you want to play some Dominions 4 though, ring me up and I'll set up a game.

• 1 month later...

Johnny-come-lately here. I finally picked up a copy of this game and am enjoying it immensely! I'm a long time X-com fan and am quite happy to see this one pay its respects to the original. Thanks to all of the modders and helpful forum members that are making the most out of this great game.

Hello, All - I'm Jeff from the Central Atlantic in the US. I was a BIG fan of the original X-Com (a GI in Germany with time, and no real willingness to drink Germany dry...) and its successors. I tried to dabble in the current re-do, and it wasn't to my liking. I did follow Goldhalk *wayback for its attempted reboot, but lost contact. Found it finally on Steam, and quite glad.

Getting my feet dowd in the game, and looking forward to using the mods.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

name's Alex and I'm from Ukraine

I recently bought Xenonauts with the latest Humble Bundle,and am ready and waiting for weekend to jump into xeno-hunting action.

My previous experience with X-Com-like strategies are limited to the latest X-Com Enemy Within which I've completed on classic difficulty without much trouble,and wanted more of the same,preferably harder and with more nuances,but feeling that the very first one game in the series might be a bit too old(for the record,I do like old games,and my all time favourites are Heroes of Might & Magic 3,Space Hulk,Red Alert 2 and Nethack) I decided to try Xenonauts instead.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I'm an operative from the French Xeno base and I'd like to thanks Chris for having sent me a key a few month ago, because of Desura retrieving feature being down.

I should say that I disagree with him when he regrets such curvy UFO shapes and would have them more boxy, playable instead, because of path finding and LOS considerations. I sure can play with such bugs or hindrance, and love those saucers better than the original X-COM ones.