Introduction thread!

Chris

Neither. it's Playground SDK (same engine as Diner Dash)

As to why they picked that the first programmer brought on board picked it and despite the first programmer being a less than sufficiently skilled Chris decided to stick with the engine to not start over from scratch.

Common mistake...Let's hope they'll make the best of it.

Avoid this game engine unless you have no other alternative.

It is no longer supported by the creators and even when it was apparently still supported they were unable to be reached in any way to provide any support.

It is not open source so as the owners were unwilling or unable to respond to requests for access to the code no alterations can be made to the engine to add useful features.

After more than a month, I guess it's time to introduce myself. :)

I am a 33-year old sociologist, currently living in Cracow, Poland. I've always regarded the original X-Com as the best game ever, despite also playing its various clones to a frightening degree (well, UFO Aftershock is a close second), so how could I miss this one?

With Max Smirnov here, the two of us form a modding/design/creative group known as Nocturnal Productions. Our greatest project so far is a complex mod for Civilization: Call to Power, which you can find by following the link in my signature.

That's it really. Let's get back to the game!

Remember when you were really young, and you were happy all the time? And then someone dies. And you were like, "The fuck was that?"

And your parents sit you down and say, "Listen, this is just a part of life. Everybody dies."

"Everybody dies? Am I going to die!?"

And then you turn to Jesus and you're like, "Dude, I thought we were friends."

And Jesus is like, "We're still friends."

"You're going to murder me!"

"It's not murder. That's just the way of things: It's all part of the plan."

"That's what murder is! When you plan to kill someone."

"Come on, guy. It's not like that. It's not like I've singled you out for death. Everybody dies."

"That doesn't make it better! You are systematically murdering every one who's ever lived. That's not just murder: That's genocide!"

Remember when you were really young, and you were happy all the time? And then someone dies. And you were like, "The fuck was that?"

And your parents sit you down and say, "Listen, this is just a part of life. Everybody dies."

"Everybody dies? Am I going to die!?"

And then you turn to Jesus and you're like, "Dude, I thought we were friends."

And Jesus is like, "We're still friends."

"You're going to murder me!"

"It's not murder. That's just the way of things: It's all part of the plan."

"That's what murder is! When you plan to kill someone."

"Come on, guy. It's not like that. It's not like I've singled you out for death. Everybody dies."

"That doesn't make it better! You are systematically murdering every one who's ever lived. That's not just murder: That's genocide!"

ROTFL, that was good for a laugh.

On a second note...how, exactly, does everything come to life? Oh, right, out of nothing :P. Or, maybe not? ;)

Of course, in this scenario, everyone dies except Jesus, who manages to come back. It makes it all so much more ominous really.
"The f$ck was that?"

What ever happened to the "What" in sentences? I see writers using it constantly. Their entire cast end up using it as they merge into one voice. I'm like "The f$ck happened to grammar?"

What ever happened to the "What" in sentences? I see writers using it constantly. Their entire cast end up using it as they merge into one voice. I'm like "The f$ck happened to grammar?"
The f$ck happened to only posting the same thing once! I see thothkins is messing up again which is common not ominous really. :P

Hi NetsForce,

You should be able to get through to the final mission on the stable steam version 18. Please do bear in mind that there's a great deal of balancing etc required.

Here's the text on the final mission, for example, from the developers:-

Final Mission: This has been added in its blocked-out state. You can play it if you want, but personally I'd wait - it's not been balanced and the briefing screen explaining what you're meant to do hasn't yet been added

Likewise the experimental builds have all those features but they have been numerous adjustments, some more stable than others.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I am from germany (Berlin), finished my doctor thesis in philosophies and working as coach and consult. One major part of my thesis and work is to build up stories, i.e. for a story-based management or reconciliation beetween the the objectives and the people.

Thats why I like to see the background story of xenonauts and to adjust in a way, which eradicates the contradictions.

Looking forward to reading your posts on that Sherelian. Also looking forward to goat farming posts from Firebeard. There are plenty of gunfondling threads, but all too few on goat farming. Hey, when civilisation is on the brink after an alien invasion, farming skills could make a huge difference.

My name is Sean, I'm from Portland OR, USA. I am excited about the game, it has some shortcomings yet but it's still very fun and I'm happy to see something very close to the original games. I run a poker room for a living and am a semi-professional photographer. "Semi" means "the opposite of profitable."