Introduction thread!

Chris

Hi,

I am an old gamer played all X-Com titles and am excited to find the first time one that is true to the original - now i bought the premium preorder on desura to support the development and want to play it on Steam - do i get a steam key and when and how?

I tried to download from desura but my firewall seems to block it never had the problem with Steam - please help!

Hi,

I am an old gamer played all X-Com titles and am excited to find the first time one that is true to the original - now i bought the premium preorder on desura to support the development and want to play it on Steam - do i get a steam key and when and how?

I tried to download from desura but my firewall seems to block it never had the problem with Steam - please help!

You will be able to receive a steam key AFTER the game is released on steam. Steam will not release it until it is officially released. Desura allows you to try out the alpha build which is pretty far from complete still.

Have you tried to download the standalone rar file?

So yeah I'm pretty new too. I'm 35 years old and hail from Birmingham in the UK.

Been waiting for a game that captures the true xcom feel since 1994 or so and this one seems to be it. I discovered it while reading one of the countless whine threads on the 2K forums while trying to decide if xcom:eu was worth cutting into my gaming budget.

My missus only lets me spend a certain amount of MY OWN GOD DAMN MONEY on games each month so didnt go for premium. Wishing I hadn't bought either Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 2 now so that I could have thrown more cash in Xenonauts direction.

Anyway... nice to meet you all! :cool:

Hi,

Been a fan of the X-COM and UFO games since X-COM: Apocalypse, which is still my favourite. The new XCom game is good fun, but this one seems closer to the originals, from what I've played, and you've got destructible buildings, unlike UFO:AI, which was my previous favourite X-Com remake.

Hi all, just wanted to say a quick hi, i'm 37 and yes I remember when 1 meg of ram was 100 AUD! Living/working in Thailand, but still dedicate some of my time to strategy titles.

Looking forward to the game, have played from 16.1 on and yes, I'v put my money where my mouth is.

Hi everyone. Huge fan of the oringal Xcom. Played it first on a Amiga CD 32 then PS1. Used to be active on Laser Squad Nemises. Current version of Xcom from Firaxis is ok but they have streamlined to much for my taste due to the consoles. Really hopeing this is going to bring back fond memories. Have pledged my support and orded the premium. Downloading it now.

Cheers.

Edited by Jimbo

Hey Andrew_C, Turtlechef, irdr & Jimbo. Good to see more X-Com experience onto the forums as well as new faces to the game. Makes for some good discussions and I look forward to reading your thoughts on Xenonauts. Failing that, old timers are welcome to take part in the back porch banjo playing & Laser Squad reminiscing.

Hello.

I am a big fan of the the first three XCom games (especially Terror From the Deep) as well as UFO2000, the multiplayer ufo remake. I really enjoy the pixel art style, so I decided to buy this game.

I have also been active in the Commander Keen modding community, where I go by the same user name.

Hello everyone!

I'm a more recent X-Comvert than many people I know, mainly due to the slight misfortune of being born in 1994. As such, my TBS heritage actually started with Civ III, which I still play even though I should probably just be playing Civ IV at this point.

Picked up UFO Defense in 2006, subsequently got Terror From the Deep, and after teaching myself to play without the benefit of a manual or the internet (long story), I was subsequently hooked, and have been a fan of (most of) the franchise forever since. X-Com also served as my introduction to classic PC games, so I also owe it for educating me in what makes a Good videogame.

Got pointed to Xenonauts by a friend in September, and finally got around to pre-ordering a few weeks ago. So far I've been constantly blown away by the quality of the re-imagining, and am now feeling awful with myself for not noticing it sooner, despite there being some clearly obvious signs around the 'net.

Other than that, I'm a sometime writer (can't think of a better name for it). As such, I tend to make long, detailed posts on forums, even when trying to simply say 'hello'. Sorry about that :) , and glad to be here!

Hey folks, i found the game through TotalHalibut AKA CynicalBrit. I was playing the new XCOM game while watching his stream and it was a recomended vid. Liked what i saw so bought the £20 pack, probably shouldn't of, but well it's better than beer right :D Now just to wait for desura to spend 3hours dling the damn thing

...but well it's better than beer right :D

Are you quite mad, Sir? Better than one of the four main food groups? Better than a beer perhaps, if it's some horrid imported muck. Oh, how I dream of having wealth enough to play Xenonauts with beer. Anyway, enough about me and a big welcome to you Rhenthil. Looking forward to some of those detailed posts Claw.

Hello all! I am totally new to this game and X-COM series, well I have played new Enemy Unknown and have enjoyed it. Older ones I have pretty much missed, I was 6 when first came out. I enjoy strategy games like Civ etc. and Xenonauts looks like a game that I would enjoy playing. Anyways Pre-ordered Premium today to support you guys, we need more games like this that still have soul in them.

P.S Art of this game is mind blowing :D

Hello everyone

Three days after registering i finally find the introduction thread.

I'm a german university student.

I found Xenonauts quite by accident after being annoyed by EU2012 because it was constantly crashing.

The game looks very promising and i look forward to it's continued development.

I'll be posting any bugs i find and once the game is in beta i might even contribute a mod or two.

Hello everyone

Three days after registering i finally find the introduction thread.

I'm a german university student.

I found Xenonauts quite by accident after being annoyed by EU2012 because it was constantly crashing.

The game looks very promising and i look forward to it's continued development.

I'll be posting any bugs i find and once the game is in beta i might even contribute a mod or two.

Best way to reference the new XCOM I've seen o far. I'm gonna start using EU2012 :)

Hi everyone, it's Micky.

Long time gamer and x-com veteran here.

I did enjoy the original immensely, never got into TFTD because I didn't dig the underwater theme and enjoyed the shit out of the destructive gameplay of Apocalypse.

I like the reboot as well for what it is, but it's not the xcom game I was waiting for for so long, so I hope this is it (same as I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas but still hope for Wasteland 2 to be the sequel I'm longing for....).

Anyhoo, got the preorder now and I'm looking forward to Desura letting me play this at lunch today.