Introduction thread!

Chris

Kickstarter backer here.

I've been following the game for quite some time and Kickstarter finally got me to fork over money. Looking forward to the finished product!

(incidentally, does anyone know how to link this account with my desura account? I've made this before I got my key and now I have no idea how to claim my premium preorder tag)

Hi, another kickstarter backer from up in Canada. Heard about this through another forum and decided to check out the demo and then donated through kickstarter after liking it. Never even played or heard of xcom but have played a few strategy games like this and have liked them (played the hell out of 7.62mm).

Probably played the demo for 8 or more hours this weekend and will probably play some more with this new version out. Picking up a gtx 670 this Friday too, wonder if I should record some.

Greetings everyone! Like some of the others, I've been a longtime lurker and watcher of this cool project, but it took Kickstarter to finally make me plunk down my part of the American funding for the Xenonauts project.

I've been a computer/video gamer since the 80's and UFO/X-Com is easily within my top ten favorite games and has been reinstalled countless times over the years. Xenonauts still feels like the more trueborn heir to that classic and soon (as long as the dev team accepts the rendition of my ugly mug), you will be able to get me killed over and over again! :P

New here as well, my pre-order medal still isn't showing up though, even though I did the Desura-connect thing..odd.

I agree, I have played quite a few of the clones/"successors" and this is the only one so far that actually captures much of the feeling of the first one.

I can't wait until it is finished :D

How rude of me, I forgott to introduce myself.

I am Moxar, fan of X-COM.

I agree, I have played quite a few of the clones/"successors" and this is the only one so far that actually captures much of the feeling of the first one.

I deeply , it's the first true successor of X-COM.

I can't wait until it is finished :D

Oh yeah! And right now I feel like

Oh I just noticed this thread, sorry for not writing in it previously. I'm quite familiar with "XCOM enemy unknown" which I strongly believe to be the best game of all times for the PC. Eventually followed it up with XCOM TftD, XCOM Apoc, the UFO after**** series and UFO ET (recently started playing UFO ET gold which is quite good all in all).

Since I heard of Xenonauts I've gone on the fritz waiting for this game to come out. Also playing now and then UFO alien invasion (but something just doesn't click right for me with it,amazing project though) and that's really it for now.

Another new guy here just saying Hi.

I've been waiting for this remake for probably close to 18 years now so kudos for not straying too far from the original. Looking forward to the final product.

Short story:

When I was 12 I collected coins and small paper bills for close to 8 months in a ziplock bag, I did not know for what. One day I read about X-Com in a PC Gamer magazine many years ago. At that point I knew where that money was going, and so I purchased my first PC game, much to my fathers objections and "wasting" of my money. I'm still amazed that such fun and addictive game was made so many years ago, one of the best games I've ever spent money on to this day.

I still have the original box, books, and floppies (and copies) in a card board box somewhere in the basement.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. I visited the old forums once and explained how important female squad members were in my book, mentioning you'd have another sale if you ever got around to adding them. Forgot about checking up on the game a long while, but now that I finally remembered to, I was pleasantly surprised. Way to go with the kickstarter too.

• 1 month later...