Introduction thread!

Chris

Alright, I bought the game! Hope my humble support allows you to add more features!

I think soon Desura will host my game, Beyond Beyaan, but no confirmation yet. It'd be awesome if we have "Classic Bundle", you with your X-Com game, me with my MoO game :D

I will try out the game tonight and see if there's any problems with accessibility (I'm deaf).

Hi everybody !! I'm Fran from Spain and I'm really amazed by the fact that I didn't noticed one of my favorites games from childhood was being "updated". I know maybe you are aiming for a totally different objective with this game but I find this amazing. I hope I find the videos and the trailers good enough to make me pre-order :D cheers to all

Hi i'm talrea, i'm complicated, i live near cardiff in the united kindom, and am a carer. i have aspergers syndrome along with a asortment of complications (most severe being i'm sound intolerant, and have alergies), i also have dyslexia, but have been writing bits and peices for about 15 years now. my name (was) unique, its now ended up in online stories and books.

anyway i a big fan of scifi-and fantasy, rpg games and stratagy games, even back to the original dune game. have/had all the xcom and aftershock/aftermath/afterlight and all the other simular games. and many other titles. been a gm on a mmorpg, and love to design things.

this sight caught my attention especally now most of the games are turning from turn based games to FPS's, even the final fanasy serries have turned from their old clasic to the newer designs. anyway it caght my attention and i like the look of the game. i will be getting a premium acount in a few days.

anyway hi to you all and good luck with the project

I'm in the same "zomgee XCOM ROX!!!1one" boat I am sure most of you are. I read about this some time ago, and recently picked up the 1C collection on Steam... fired up UFO: Afterlight... and of course, it got the whole rash irritated and angry once again... was doing some research on Afterlight and stumbled upon the TotalBiscuit video. Watched about 1:30 of it in total... was more than enough for me. The fact that this entire project so squarely pulverizes the nail on its proverbial head that I ended up in some kind of space time distortion where I am not even excited... I am in this limbo of disbelief. Will play dev build tonight.

Yo Im Aerodyll

I stumbled here after reading my old program from Eurogamer 2011. I have never played X-Com or anything like it before but I looked it up on google and it looks awesome, just the kind of game I have been thinking about for years. I hope there will be alot of depth in the gameplay and especially the environmental interaction as that really impressed me when I saw the video. I am just about to look around the forum and get better aquainted with the game. I look forward to seeing more of the art too.

Hey everyone,

I'm Alex and i reside in the northern mid-west united states. I do Let's Plays in my spare time... I have LOADS of spare time. Feel free to hit me or my channel up anytime, link in my signature. Looking forward to everything that Xenonauts has to offer!

Hello everyone,

My name is Steve a.k.a TRGG22. I have been an X-Com fan ever since I played the first one in 1995 and still play it from time to time. I found out about Xenonauts last year on a Rock, Paper, Shotgun article and had to check it out for myself. After watching a few vids on it I immediately pre-ordered it and have been enjoying the alpha version. I also enjoy other pc games like Fallout, Worms, Command & Conquer (Westwood) and so many others.

Also Chris I wish you and your team the best of luck on Xenonauts.

Hello All,

I first heard about the game from a discussion thread on Bluesnews.com. I quickly became intrigued, so much so that I purchased a premium pre-order. I must say I like what I see thus far! I love supporting independent developers!

I played the original X-Com when it was first released and have been waiting for a worthy modern update for years. Thankfully, we have a winner!

Looking forward to the latest build.

Edited by Candew

Hello to everyone!

I'm a fan of the original UFO: Enemy Unknown and I think this XCOM project is by far the most intriguing of them all. Really loving how you guys at the Goldhawk Interactive are making this game!

Ps. I bought the Premium Pre-Order, but I can't get my golden Premium -tag to work for some reason.

No wait, my bad. I think I was thinking of something else never mind me.

Are you getting some kind of error code when you press the connect button or what is it exactly that isnt working for you in the link Guaddlike posted?

The link is working just fine (Desura say that I have successfully connected). I just can't see any badge anywhere :D

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and see my new badge :cool: I've been following the development of this game for about a year, and I finally decided to buy in today. It's downloading right now!

Grrr :( I connected on Desura, but no badge yet. Guess it takes a little while to update. I'll just play the game in the meantime:)

Edited by NWolvie

Hey, name's HG for short, been a long time fan of X-COM and UFO so naturally I'd find my way here eventually, found the game a week or so ago on the XCOM EU forums (the remake) and I like that you're sticking to the original formula instead of downgrading to appeal the masses.

Hey Ho Hello!

As you can see in my profile (i think), im Matthew. Right now im studying Administration and im unemployed as well.

I suspect that the creators of this great game like to know from where and why the new people arrive, so when I watched "WTF is ..." I immediately wanted to have this game. In total, I could buy it yesterday but I was hoping today that it will be a better exchange rate between the currency which I am using and the Euro. Unfortunately, this has not happened but the increase was not too big just 0.03 Euro cents.

I think that, like many of you I also played the progenitor of Xenonauts, and with a broad smile on face did you react to it also.

Well it is all? I think so...

Just question:

When i get shiny "Premium Pre-Order" badge (or whatever it is)? :D

Im sorry if gramma or spelling will be not so okay

Edited by ResFu