I came to a point when the landingships arrive, I've got only 2 Laserrifles and some jackal armour, to get bet stuff i need alenium, but if i start a mission, the chopper is surrounded by aliens with exceptional weaponry that shoots me outside of my LoS. If even dare to step out, i will lose this brave man's life .. I would use combat shields, but they cause bugs so i can't end missions at all.. Any advice how to save myself ?

Should i just retreat from such missions for now and try find easier targets ? (but i haven't seen any scouts for a good while now :( )

Or should i try to win such a mission and try to get better weaponry, armour ?

- use plenty of smoke grenades.

- if aliens are in range, use plenty of stun grenades

- Let the grenades take effect and stack them up over a couple of turns if no ones firing into the Chinook.

- Take out anything firing into the chinook first.

- Use a tank as a scout and to soak up some damage

- Use scouts, to spot and to also draw alien fire. Do try to get them into cover.

- Use heavy weapons to capitalise on aliens that your scout spots. they can be suppressed or killed.

- go with multiple rocket launchers.

- Use every bit of available cover.

- anyone out first gets the armour.

- use plenty of smoke grenades.

- if aliens are in range, use plenty of stun grenades

- Let the grenades take effect and stack them up over a couple of turns if no ones firing into the Chinook.

- Take out anything firing into the chinook first.

- Use a tank as a scout and to soak up some damage

- Use scouts, to spot and to also draw alien fire. Do try to get them into cover.

- Use heavy weapons to capitalise on aliens that your scout spots. they can be suppressed or killed.

- go with multiple rocket launchers.

- Use every bit of available cover.

- anyone out first gets the armour.

Plus, the shield only causes a crash if you try to pick it off the ground. So, use them and don't do that.

Plus, the shield only causes a crash if you try to pick it off the ground. So, use them and don't do that.

Seems like not, i had before always a bugged game at some point when i used combat shields, i tried a game without them since then i had no single crash, if i have combat shield troops in my squad (guess only happens if one of them die) i can't access the inventory (location and soldier doesn't matter) or end the mission without a CTD

Anyway thanks for the fast response(s)

Just to add to he fine suggestons Thothkins made:

Be a coward: Use your chinook as a bunker. Exterminate with all the firepower you are able to carry anything that is in LOS of the main chinook ramp, with a clear shot to the inside. Then use side doors to peek outside, burst fire and get inside quick.

When things look more clear make a fast deploy to the outside with all your solders, so you have all sides covered.Then use the tank to scout&retreat to give clear targets to your soldiers.

Remember:

-Extreme prejudice is your friend

-Theres not such thing as overkill

-Anything you do can get you shot, including doing nothing. So dontget scared and move the boys around.