[Question] What are the files for setting up or modify the Fog of War properties?

Antr4cite

I know there is a debug setting which will disable night battles but that is as close as it gets on that I will look into the files some more and see what I can find

Likely though your looking for something which is hard-coded and thus inaccessible

Ok found what you are looking for its in the config.xml File

<LOS>

<LOSAngle>90</LOSAngle>

<DefaultViewRange>16</DefaultViewRange>

<LOSNightMultiplier>0.6</LOSNightMultiplier>

<FireLightRadius>10.0</FireLightRadius>

<FlareTurnCount>4</FlareTurnCount>

</LOS>

I bolded the lines your looking for You will need to play around with the values a little to get the right balance.

based on my calculations you want to change Default View Range to roughly 9.5-9.6 and you will want to change LOSNightMultiplier to somewhere around 1.6-1.7 that should give you the inverted night and day line of sight your looking for.

Ok found what you are looking for its in the config.xml File

I bolded the lines your looking for You will need to play around with the values a little to get the right balance.

based on my calculations you want to change Default View Range to roughly 9.5-9.6 and you will want to change LOSNightMultiplier to somewhere around 1.6-1.7 that should give you the inverted night and day line of sight your looking for.

Thanks Wrath_IX but I don't want to increase the night LOS or decrease the day LOS.

(by the way: changing the <DefaultViewRange> value doesn't change the Soldiers LOS. The <VisualParams range> in "Armor_GC.xml" does the job. Maybe "Armor_GC.xml" has some kind of priority over the "Config.xml")

What I want to do is keep the LOS range as it is but have the gradient FOW that we see in the night missions applied in the daylight missions.

Later I would love to mess around with the FOW color and maybe with its size (make smaller FOW square layers, like the ones the dev used to the aim system).