Having the night combat in game is the whole strategy of sending your troop carrier to the site. If it weren't for night combat then all the strategy for interception would be point and click, which doesn't sound like much fun. I do agree, however, that the night combat is annoying, but the whole point is to avoid it by sending the chinook at the right time.

Having the night combat in game is the whole strategy of sending your troop carrier to the site. If it weren't for night combat then all the strategy for interception would be point and click, which doesn't sound like much fun. I do agree, however, that the night combat is annoying, but the whole point is to avoid it by sending the chinook at the right time.

So does that mean we can get an ETA for transport landings in local time?

There should be alien flares. :P You know...like grenades but flares.

They're planned to be part of the Scout-class armours. Which I think have jump-jets.

I wasn't aware of this "armour specialization" thing. It's actually a great idea to use armour to set more specialized roles for soldiers.

Scout Armour made from some special alien elastic material that allows for improved mobility (bonus TUs) and better night vision but doesn't offer as much protection (great for scouts and snipers) as opposed to an "Assault Suit" that offers great protection and a strength bonus meant for front line and heavy weapon troops.

Equivalent quality armours with different roles is definitely better than armour mk1 -> armour mk2 -> mk3 -> etc. I'm aware that some of these things like str bonus for "power armour" are already in the pipeline. Just emphasizin'.

Edited by Jean-Luc