Steam version / Stable 18.3 on Desura. Soldier becomes 'magnified'.

Think I've found a bug no one else has mentioned.

150 odd hours in on easy level.

I interchange the Desura and Steam versions because you can.

I have fitted one of my troops with a plasma shotgun equivalent.

From time to time when I move them (and this is actually quite scary :P ) they suddenly become much bigger and take up a huge part of the screen as though the camera has zoomed in on them dramatically.

Strangely enough though, on a separate matter, very few downed battleships are now empty and the ones with Androns in (great fun!) have up to 36 to kill on easy level. I'd actually keep that even though they're meant to be 20 max because it is just brilliant and makes a ton of much needed dough.

What kind of armor are they wearing?

I've seen this with Sentinel before. When walking or other animations when oriented perfectly to the "Left". That is, diagonal. Another way to put it, is if "north" is the top left of the screen, then this would be north-west.

Doesn't seem to happen on other orientations or other armours, but I could be mistaken. It only seems to occur with Sentinel armour for me.

It's as if a massively zoomed in version of the character takes over the right half of the screen. It disappears as soon as the animation ends.