[V18 Stable] Aliens shooting through walls.

:mad:

Hey it's been discussed a bit before but I think this is such a huge bug I'm surprised it's not getting more attention.

Probably all of us (?) have been affected by this bug. Not just on base invasion. I've had it happen on several maps. Targeting (I could almost live with that - infrared vision maybe) and shooting through walls without even damaging the wall.

I don't see any notes about this on the V19 release notes. I would think this would be a priority.

I mean with all due respect the revamp of the screens looks pretty, etc. etc. but I lost a great soldier to this bug.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears, at least in part, to be tied to the opacity of the tile. So stay one tile away from walls and you are *less* likely to get shot at. This does nothing for the shots from above, as they appear to be another matter entirely.

The bullets passing through walls I believe may be caused by the "hypervelocity (1)" flag on the alien plasma sniper rifle in WeaponsGC.xml - need more testing to confirm. They still shoot at you (aforementioned known visibility issue) but the bullets no longer pass through walls.

Edited by Falkner