Some new Role images

I hated the garish red ones so much I made my own. Got to much time on my hands at the moment ;)

Preview.png

From left to right, Rifleman, Heavy, Sniper, Assault, Unused, Commando, Extra (names refer to the image names that have been coded

Capture-1.png

I'll zip em up and throw em in the mod's forum if people like em.

Edited with new additions

Preview-1.png

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/6189-UI-Aufklarer-s-Soldier-Role-Images?p=73431#post73431' rel="external nofollow">

Aufklarer's Soldier Role Images

Edited by Aufklarer

Yes I thought about them however the role of sniper for example is played out with a variety of weapons so it makes little difference what picture is used, as long as it represents sniping. Maybe something more generic like crosshairs would be more appropriate.

There are CRASH extra and unused images (7 in total) to modify. I tried to add more but it dosnt work due to the coding. When you create a new role and choose an image (lets say i made an 8th for rocket launcher) and selected a rocket launcher icon I made, the game catagorises it as unused so it displays the image saved as unused instead. In the set I made above I think the medic symbol is designated as the unused image.

I certainly used to be able to select form quite a selection from the ones I made way back. I haven't tried them recently.

I don't mind that the symbols don't upgrade with the tech. As long as each is distinctive and representative.

Look forward to seeing them in the mod section (if they aren't already there)

I love these icons, Aufklarer. They're beautiful. The only problem for me is that the Heavy Support looks too much like a rifle; I know that's how a machine gun looks like, but you could go for something more bulky to make it more distinct.

Anyway, I really, really hope that more icons will be available, since I definitely have more roles. Please?

Yeah I'll add them to the mods forum soon, I'm actually waiting for a flight home from afghanistan at the moment for RnR so internet is pretty crap here.

I also had another look at the file names and it was just me being a muppet, ill add plenty more icons like rocket launcher squad leader etc. If anyone has any requests ill make some up to the same style as the ones I already made.

Edited by Aufklarer

(what about a rocket or grenade role image?)

Done

I love these icons, Aufklarer. They're beautiful. The only problem for me is that the Heavy Support looks too much like a rifle; I know that's how a machine gun looks like, but you could go for something more bulky to make it more distinct.

Done