HUGE drop in alien activity after first month

Hi guys! im having a lot of fun in the third month though I noticed one thing. I finished 11 light scouts in the first month but in the second month, I encountered nothing but fighter squadrons or single fighters and one regular scout( a damaged one at that.) I know they probably don't need(the aliens) more research on earth but still. Now I'm at corvettes and terror missions in the third month and I have no alenium(but can still get lasers thankfully). this means I can't get wolf armor, alenium missiles, or(I assume) the x-37 fury. I recently did a raid(as in landing assault) on a corvette and I noticed no smoke but no power core either. I didn't complete it though do to a crash(I'm using experimental btw). so can anyone tell me if the corvette carries a power core because if not I'll just do the terror mission and not the corvete that's doing that mission.

I had the same thing, just a little later on. There's balancing being done regarding the UFO levels to make transitions more seamless. That alenium drop is a bit of a blow isn't it? For a change, I actually had cash waiting to be spent on things I didn't have the raw materials for.

The corsair comes after the foxtrot, but its NOT a replacement for the foxtrot, but for the condor. You can skip the corsair on this build, they're underpowered, undergunned, expensive to build and take a looong time to repair. And ditch the condors too. They just take up space.