More Stat Change Items?

Just wondering if it´s possible, at this stage of development, to add things like adrenalin shots, some pills, etc... that would make the character temporarily stronger, focused, fearless, etc...

This would come in handy at the beginning of the game, where the characters are weak.

Of course they would cause some kind of penalty after the effect wears off.

hey Hicks!

There's so much chat about balancing the stats as they are, that making it more complex may make it even tougher to get right prior to a launch.

Besides, I'd be wanting drugged up Psycho-Sebillians as balance. As tough as they used to be :)

In case it does sneak in or is modded, what about getting a strength increase but at the cost of health (either end of mission withdrawal, or cumulative through the mission?)

Sup thot??

Yes, that´s the idea behind it! I was thinking something like:

Amphetamin Pill - Increased Strenght and AP for, let´s say, 5 turns. As a penalty, the original values for AP and Strenght are reduced by some ammount after effect wears off (let´s say a third) til the end of round.

Morphine Shot - Soldier doesn´t loose HP when bleeding. Effect could last for some turns, and as a penalty, soldier would drop unconscious after effect wears off. Would need ally to pick him up and drag to Chinook.

Serotonin- Dopamin Booster - Soldier becomes imune to panic attacks - morale goes up for 5 turns. As a penalty, well, I have to think about it haha

Well, that´s what I was thinking about, simple stuff, nothing complicated

I could see an upgraded late-game medkit which would serve as a kind of auto-doc (monitoring vital signs and giving injections, if needed) - but I'm not really for juicing up my troops. That leads to all kinds of problems with burnout and addiction that I just wouldn't want to inflict on my world saviors.

How long to build the new Detox base facility?

In practice, who knows what's in those medkits?

Looking at the suggestion it models the original EU1994 medkit - Amphetamines= Stim, Morphine = Pain Killer, with the addition of the psionic damper. Having effects seems like decent balance too.

But as the Xeno-medkit is pretty 1-D, I'm not hopeful of seeing such additions.