Walrus's Tactical Ballistic Expansion, Prerelease.

WalrusJones

Might be worth having a look at the various mission xml's (and maybe ufocontents folder) so players have the time to try out various weapon builds. Its very fast progression in vanilla atm.

I greatly extended the game progression in my mod for two reasons: I love the ground combat, so being able to fight more combats doesn't sound bad to me. Also lets you expand more easily. The other reason was that there were a few complaints that the switchover was too fast between the Fighter and Heavy Fighter eras.

Now you can see how my mod (which was originally just a ground combat rebalance) became the monster it is today.

My mod is also going to make things take longer as well, and make ground combat more complex in a way that hopefully benefits the player, while giving you more things to do in geoscape.

Now... I just need to upload this first release.

Edited by WalrusJones

• 1 year later...
Billion years later and still no mod

you have disgraced yourself

There was version of this mod for v18 but when all fuss about experimental branch started (v19 and forward ) it was put on "hold".However Walrus is MIA for sometime now (since December),so future of mod is uncertain ......By the way are you being sarcastic or just rude ?

Edited by Sentelin

There was version of this mod for v18 but when all fuss about experimental branch started (v19 and forward ) it was put on "hold".However Walrus is MIA for sometime now (since December),so future of mod is uncertain ......By the way are you being sarcastic or just rude ?

Sarcastic

Overshooting things is a good indication of that, but enought of that. Is there any way to add the soviet weapons you see the local militia/military use in the asia as an alternative for the current western ones? I want to have a mix of western and eastern weapons in my squads according to their country of origin. I have managed to loot some but every time after the mission they go right into the storage and I can't put them into my trooper's inventory or use it ever again.

Edited by Boroski