Build V8.6 Released!

Perhaps the night / day is set when the UFO is shot down, or when the dropship departs?

I've been doing some testing, and it's probably safe to rule out the former as a possibility.

Toasted Dragon - the weapon swap happens when your troops return from their first battle, I think. It's a bit strange.

As a matter of fact, I just had this happen to my troops at the start of their first hostile engagement.

First, great job on getting out another update.

"I'm currently trying to set up these render servers that I bought. I might post some pics up on the forum at some point, because it's quite amusing. I assumed that they'd be relatively inoffensive things but they're a square metre or so each and weigh 30kgs, and sound like a tornado when they're switched on. No idea where I'm going to put them!"

It IS amazing how some systems can be so bulky, and make so much noise. The two servers we have at work fall into the same category as the ones you mention above.

I imagine we'll try and roll out Build V8.61 on Monday or Tuesday, specifically targeting the UFO fighter crash bug, the 1280x1024 mission end hang and the flare/machinegun sprite issues. Those two crash bugs seem the most problematic at the moment.

There'll be a pause before V9 after that (barring any urgent bug hotfixes) because we're gearing up to start work on the new AI model and that's going to involve rewriting some of the code architecture.

Tried loading a ground battle I started after I patched to 8.6. Everyone is called Jack Longname, and after winning I got CTD, no win screen. Though the Jack Longname thing was there in 8.5 as well (if I go to the inventory, they are listed by their correct name though). I gather it's common? Also, only about two guys could be set to snap reserve after the load. The rest didn't bother. I tried not spending all my AP, but none of them got a chance to use it so I don't know if they would have shot if they had the AP.

Toasted Dragon - the weapon swap happens when your troops return from their first battle, I think. It's a bit strange.

To my understanding, this is part of the 'weapon weight doubled' bug. At least, that's the only time I've seen it happen. Resetting the weapons after a mission (in the base screen) should stop it happening, at least until after the next mission.

I tried tonight and it kept locking up on me in the ground combat right after hitting the turn button.

I still have the cursor to move around but I can't do anything in the screen I had to ctr-alt-dte and once had to restart my computer.

Also, since 8.5 I it takes forever to get a ufo to crash near my base they keep flying off into space or out of range, out over the sea and disappear.

I wasted a night- hour and a half -because UFOs were sited and the gone. How do I keep them in my continent or lure them over? They seem to fly

within the margin and then out into no where.

Windex - at the moment, it's best to start with your first base in the USSR or in another large landmass. We'll probably change the AI at some point so it will prefer to fly over landmass but right now it has no preference for sea vs land.

Windex - at the moment, it's best to start with your first base in the USSR or in another large landmass. We'll probably change the AI at some point so it will prefer to fly over landmass but right now it has no preference for sea vs land.

I imagine the majority of the missions UFOs are tasked with will have most of their targets over or on land masses, no?