Zombie mod problem.

ChaseBears

Hi, I seem to have an unkillable mod. I'm running the experimental beta, it says so in the launcher, yet I don't have the combat shield and the Foxtrot has 4 missile hardpoints. I'm sure this is because of the mod; yet the mod doesn't exist. I deleted it from all locations (game dir, mods dir, other mods dir, download folder), verified the game cache, wiped the game directory and redownloaded, checked Appdata and My Documents for rogue copies of the files, and started new games three times. It's all been a bust.

The game definitely has the updated geoscape look of the experimental beta, so its not some weird flaw in the launcher. And I can look directly at aircrafts.xml and see the Foxtrot with 2 hardpoints. But I make a new games and rush Foxtrots and they still have 4. The mod does not show in the Modding Tools. I also tried re-installing the mod then deleting it with Modding Tools.

I feel I'm missing something but :(

Everything else is fine? If so, got into 'items.xml' and set weapon.combatshield to unlimited, and go into aircrafts.xml and change the 4 heavy hardpoints for the MiG to 2, and remove the sidewinder entries in the loadout section for it.

Then start a new game, otherwise the MiG will be odd and crash if you click on the extra hardpoints.

Everything else is fine? If so, got into 'items.xml' and set weapon.combatshield to unlimited, and go into aircrafts.xml and change the 4 heavy hardpoints for the MiG to 2, and remove the sidewinder entries in the loadout section for it.

I wish ;_; I can look at those files and combat shield is available and mig has 2 hardpoints *and they are still wrong in the game*. In new games.

It's an unkillable monster. :|

The only thing I haven't tried is rebooting; I need to clean up some stuff I'm working on first. I have a suspicion its a weird memory issue with the game. Thank you for your responses, though.

Ive noticed that the game seems to have a few seconds of black screen issues when you first open the game after the game detects the game files have been altered, but this subsides when the games has booted like this once...

This is suspiciously compiling-like.

Try altering a game file, and see if this clears the old games conception of what it should be.