AK-47 and MP5K Mini-Mod

LaggyWolf

Hello, just a small modification than unlocks the AK47 for mass use as well as the MP5K (which replaces the Default Ballistic Pistol!)

AK47 vs M16:

30 Rnd. Magazine vs 20 Rnd. Magazine

AP/TU Fire Cost

Single Shot: 15/30/50 vs 20/30/60)

Burst Fire: 30 vs 40

Accuracy:

Single Shot: 30/50/65 vs 30/60/80

Burst Fire: 15 vs 25

Damage Per Shot:

35 vs 30

MP5K:

30 Rnd. Magazine

5 Rnd. Burst Capability! (30 AP/TU)

Same Damage and Range as Default Pistol

Suppression Value 20 from Default 10

Download

NO OTHER BALANCE CHANGES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS MOD

Edited by LaggyWolf

Shouldn't the MP5k be more of a burst fire close range gun?Also why was the pistol removed?

And the last question...How did you add the description on the Ak-47?When I added it into my game it only says assault rifle.

Overall great mod!

Strings is where you give items description.

I am confused by the fact that he overwrote a weapon, but it may have had something to do with it potentially totally obsoleting another gun, which can take a lot of work to avert.

Shouldn't the MP5k be more of a burst fire close range gun?Also why was the pistol removed?

And the last question...How did you add the description on the Ak-47?When I added it into my game it only says assault rifle.

Overall great mod!

1. Well at first I replaced the pistol due to my modding... ineptitude :P and now that WalrusJones has given me a perfectly valid reason it is because pistols would have become useless with an SMG available! :)

2. Also as WalrusJones says, in the assets/strings.xml, if you open that with Excel or something similar you will see string values for texts. If you insert a new row in there and name the string "weapon_ak47_desc" and enter valid information in the box to the right of it... BOOM. Custom text ingame.

That is an aggravatingly good MP5 sprite, from the desk of someone who is working on a beta-style release of a much bigger overall mod.

My hat comes off to you, I am sincerely jealous of your artistic talent.

Please, you give me too much credit; it's actually a picture taken at the perfect angle with some filters on it xD

I'd be more than happy to contribute to your release Walrus if you'd want :)

Edited by LaggyWolf

Please, you give me too much credit; it's actually a picture taken at the perfect angle with some filters on it xD

I'd be more than happy to contribute to your release Walrus if you'd want :)

You are a golden god: You don't know how painful it was to clean up the much less visually interesting sprite I was using before to make it well suited to the games art.

If I had the ability to use photoshop, and your filters, I could probably release on tuesday, and release with much better art quality then I have currently.