How can I get mods to work?

Hi,

I search some mods from the thread in the mod forum (for my current version), I install them with the mod installer from the starter.

But nothing seems to happen, I start a new game but I don't see the changes.

What did I make wrong? And is it possible to use multiple mods at the same time?

Hi,

I search some mods from the thread in the mod forum (for my current version), I install them with the mod installer from the starter.

But nothing seems to happen, I start a new game but I don't see the changes.

What did I make wrong? And is it possible to use multiple mods at the same time?

I believe the mod launcher simply isn't working at the moment. This means that to install a mod, you have to unzip the files to the correct place in your Xenonauts install directory. Usually mods will have an "assets" folder; install the contents into [Xenonauts install dir]\assets\ and you should be good to go.

Mods that share files won't be compatable. If you're trying to run Mod A which contains a weapons_gc.xml alongside Mod B which also contains a weapons_gc.xml file, things will be screwy.

If you're on Steam and you somehow manage to muck things up to such an extent that Xenonauts won't load or something, don't panic. You can validate local files and Steam will sort things out by re-installing the original game files.

Overwriting is the only way currently:

Remember that you may want to start a new game when you install a mod, and installing multiple mods drag and drop style is simply going to partially overwrite the old mods, not combine them.

(Splicing them together would take a significant period of time.)

Many big mod authors like to include many smaller mods in their mod: Mostly the flavor text mods, as those are always nice.

I couldn't tell you for sure, but I imagine it'll be as it is now and modders will have to merge their work to have more than one mod at a time (like WalrusJones says). I'm a complete coding amateur so I could be mistaken, but I don't think all of the files are excel-as-XML; have a look at weapons_gc.xml, for example.