Question regarding Terrain generation

I wanted to ask about the terrain generation in the game. Is it randomly generated? When I have been watching videos it appears to be the same level (with the chinook in the bottom left corner, electricity generators infront and a massive oil tanker that can explode if shot to the right of the chinook)

Is this intentional and random terrain generation is not in game or is this just because it's an alpha and it's not implemented as of yet?

Many thanks,

James

Its semi-random. The general map shape is set (factory here, park here, etc) but what actually goes into those 'modules' is randomly selected from a list (so it could be any of say, half a dozen different 'factories').

I'll find the link that explains it better.

Edit: Heh, beat me to it Kyon.

At the moment hills aren't planned, but I was thinking about this yesterday. We might have to implement them. The problem with them is that is' very difficult to have submaps that have different elevations next to each other, but for the desert and arctic tilemaps it might be necessary. I'm not sure there'll be enough variation in the maps otherwise.

I'm a new arrival here on the forums and I'd like to know if community produced maps will be added to the map pool? That way there would always be new maps to play and it would make more realistic sense to never have the same map twice (as you most likely won't visit the same place on the globe twice).

Also, is the theme of the map going to be based on the location in the globe? Landing on Antarctic and finding a farm map would be quite stupid in my opinion.

I'm a new arrival here on the forums and I'd like to know if community produced maps will be added to the map pool? That way there would always be new maps to play and it would make more realistic sense to never have the same map twice (as you most likely won't visit the same place on the globe twice).

I believe if Chris allowes the community to keep makeing new maps after the release it should be simple to add the maps into your game yourself.