Initial Impressions after a few quick play throughs

I would like to emphasize I realize this is a Beta and all that it implies.

1) Font Size. Mentioned in my first post. This is a biggie for me. I have seen the screen shots of new interfaces and hope this gets reflected throughout all the screens.

2) World display. I liked the picture where the mission control and test messages where in the middle. Hope this gets implemented.

3) The icons for the planes/copter and ufo's need to be more stylized. They don't look crisp enough.

4) I lost two planes (mainly not knowing how to control them). I like the idea of the mini game. I also read you may do an auto-fight. Possibly add Pilot training/abilities improvement and give a percentage of win and allow disengage.

5) Squad display. Would like to see bar charts of all properties so a quick glance you can see which attribute's are good/bad. Progression from red to green. Not the tool-tip. If this means reducing the pictures then not a biggie for me.

6) The ground combat display of where movement is to be is just block squares. Ugly. replace with green footprints!

7) The line of sight line is block and highlights the blocky maths of line of sight. Get rid of the line and just show the target. (Obviously improve the los calculations as well).

8) Alien A.I. is so dumb at the moment. It's like shooting pumpkins. They need more realistic actions.

That's all for now. I will wait until the next beta comes out before playing again.

On the plus side. This is looking and has the possibility to be the successor to our beloved game of our childhood. Keep up the good work.

4) you can disengage (third icon from top next to your plane)

5) there is a better view on soldiers stats at Personel/Training screen

It can be irritating to switch betwen them tho. Also what I find problematic is missing health on Soldier equipment screen, which was a reason I took wounded soldiers on the battlefield.

6) would changing it to circles look better, left TUs at the end of the path might look weird with footsteps

7) I personally like that new line of sight and find it really informative for planning an attack

6) would changing it to circles look better, left TUs at the end of the path might look weird with footsteps

Or leave it square. I do not see any problems with that.

7) I personally like that new line of sight and find it really informative for planning an attack

Me, too.

My first impression:

Until now no crash (Good job)

I have big Fun in playing (Thank you)

Excellent gameplay (UFO ennemy unknown pleasure without the bugs)

Ground combat:

I still don't know how to rotate the map. ( Verry annoying )

Some picture are missing on the ovnipedia (Normal in dev)

No introduction movies (It's missing to be deeper into the ambiance)

No ennemy final kill movies animations (like in the new XCOM 2012, i love, it up the game a lot)

i like the custom unite equipment shortcut.

You cannot rotate the map and it is not something that will be added.

It means making new sets of sprites for every angle of every item which is not in the budget.

Enemy kill cams are not planned, the game engine wouldn't support anything beyond a sprite animation.

I personally dislike them immensely and find they detract from the flow of a game.

Introduction movies were also being looked at by the devs at one point but the game engine apparently doesn't handle them well either.

Thank you for your precise answers, this game is already great.

i have find a way to see unit in using remove roof icon.

One thing is missing in air combat.

a breack up air combat and go back to base button.

(P.S: sorry for my bad english it's not my native language)

You cannot rotate the map and it is not something that will be added.

It means making new sets of sprites for every angle of every item which is not in the budget.

Enemy kill cams are not planned, the game engine wouldn't support anything beyond a sprite animation.

I personally dislike them immensely and find they detract from the flow of a game.

Introduction movies were also being looked at by the devs at one point but the game engine apparently doesn't handle them well either.

Thank you for your precise answers, this game is already great.

i have find a way to see unit in using remove roof icon.

One thing is missing in air combat.

a breack up air combat and go back to base button.

(P.S: sorry for my bad english it's not my native language)

There is a button for that (it's the one that looks like an X), but in order to disengage and go back to base the plane has to safely make it to the edge of the air combat map.

There is a button for that (it's the one that looks like an X), but in order to disengage and go back to base the plane has to safely make it to the edge of the air combat map.

Oh the x i was thinking it was afterburner thank you again.

Hi, Yvn01.

No, the fighters don't ever result in a ground mission. that intended. Think of them as the Alien drone craft.

Yes, they can be tough to destroy, but there are tactics that can be used to your advantage.

While you don't get the mission or any alenium or alloys, you should get some points for completing a successful interception. This will result in a higher monthly score and more funding. I like to think that the funding nations get all those alloys and alenium from the fighters. They use this later in the game to upgrade.

Hi, Yvn01.

No, the fighters don't ever result in a ground mission. that intended. Think of them as the Alien drone craft.

Yes, they can be tough to destroy, but there are tactics that can be used to your advantage.

While you don't get the mission or any alenium or alloys, you should get some points for completing a successful interception. This will result in a higher monthly score and more funding. I like to think that the funding nations get all those alloys and alenium from the fighters. They use this later in the game to upgrade.

I think this point should be explained ingame for players.

It's an important gameplay aspect.

Hi, Yvn01.

Aaron said that in a future build, after we destroy fighters/bombers, we will get a pop up saying we got X alloys to help with ballancing

I have also one other comment the invasion is too fast to let the player get pleasure of using the benefit of his technology.

i have tryed in easy and normal.

normal is too fast but the income is not too bad, but in easy, the income is too low to be able to develop the defence.