Base building

Well for starters, high everybody, really dig the game so far. But I ran into an issue - I tried to add a hangar to my starter base, and also set up a second one and both times, the game didn't let me put buildings where I wanted them at times (I had enough funds for it btw). Certain tiles just didn't accept a hangar or a lab or whatever - is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Well for starters, high everybody, really dig the game so far. But I ran into an issue - I tried to add a hangar to my starter base, and also set up a second one and both times, the game didn't let me put buildings where I wanted them at times (I had enough funds for it btw). Certain tiles just didn't accept a hangar or a lab or whatever - is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
I'm not exactly sure what the problem is you are having, but if the tile doesn't "fit" use the mouse scroll wheel to turn it to the 90 degree orientation.

Well no it's not about the tile not fitting, it just won't let me build anything on certain tiles. Think of the first base layout and there's an open tile in the bottom right, with buildings to the left and one tile above the one in question. It wouldn't let me build there for whatever reason. The same happened when I tried to put an additional hangar to the left of an already existing one - I had to place it a row of tiles lower, otherwise it wouldn't let me build the hangar.