Lie down, Manufacturing of laser clips, advanced grenades, and diplomacy.

Hey guys. Thx for a great game, loved the beta. I think that most of my suggestions/bugs have already been posted. A few that I have not seen;

1) A third stance – lie down. Better accuracy, more cover options, and be able to have three units in a row. One lies, one crouched and one standing, with each shooting over the others.

2) Manufacturing of laser clips, advanced grenades, rocket grenades etc. I really don’t like that these items are free and in unlimited supply. It makes things too easy, and kind of breaks the economic system. Perhaps implement for insane difficulty?

(3 Additional diplomacy. Be able to lend money, at high interest from countries that you have a good relationship with. Or perhaps barter, recruit expensive mercenaries for a limited period. Etc etc.)

Have stopped playing at wolf armour, I want to enjoy the full game later on. When is the full game coming?

Thx again for making a great game for a grumpy old school gamer (1977). Now I can stop complaining that the games were better 10-15 years ago :)

I don't think 1 will ever make it in, unless it's later modded. Which is a shame, really, having such a game without prone stance.

For 2, i was a bit iffy about ammo being free, but it is a good thing. Can't compare manufacturing ammo with manufacturing a weapon, or an aircraft, for example, ammo is just ammo. It would take just a little time to manufacture, might as well make it unlimited.

The reason prone isn't going to make it into the game is because we don't have the animations for it. Everything is done with 2D sprites, and if we don't have the sprites for it we can't do it without making more sprites. There are thousands of sprites in the game, and adding a third stance would add a ton more. Every armor and weapon combination, every direction facing, every possible movement has to have sprites. It's insane.

The reason ammo is free is because it costing money doesn't present a choice to the player. You have to buy ammo, so it's just another money drain that'd have to be taken into account when balancing the economic system. Making them free gives the player the exact same choice, you have to have ammo, and it also frees up another variable for the economic balance system.

I did mod manufacturing of most stuff back in, though there are some oddities (RPG always loaded with frag, single unit of aircraft missiles is infinite). Not ammo thogh, since I don't believe it adds much (also with just explosive manufacturing you end up with a big drain on manufacture time)

You can end up with a stupendous amount of stuff though. I might add a screenshot of the stores screen mid-game at a later point.