Stun stick reaction strike, and show total alliens subdued, more allien options

As the title says i would suggest the following (and i think technical not hard) to add in future Xenonauts builds

1. add a reaction strike to the stun bat much like the reaction fire from firearms

meaning: a xenonaut equipped with a stun bat can reserve TU for a reaction strike, same as when a xenonaut can reserver TU for reaction fire. then when the xenonaut with the stun bat does this and an alien walks in an title next to the xenonaut (except the SE(south east) S and SW title) the xenonaut strikes the alien (and hopefully stunning it)

2. on the soldier screen in the barracks you see the soldier track record, like total missions aliens killed.

but what i miss is the "total aliens subdued" number. this makes soldiers which have the "stun job" kinda look like rookies even the did 20 missions

3. the aliens are a superior race, but what i noticed is that aliens don't make use of grenades. not sure why cause in my opinion every race should be able to see the gains from throwing a high explosive device to the enemies.

i can see the cons from this in game but then again losing 0 xenonauts on normal difficulty can reflect my 'pro' skills but i doubt that :)

and the alien grenades should be more then just explosives, think of smoke + stun grenades wouldn't it be logical the alien want to capture some of your soldiers, to gain Intel (where is your base what kind of weapons do you use?)

4. sebillian should gain a melee attack option, the xenopedia mentioned that the are very strong melee combatants and that there to "bulky" to handle firearms effectively, wouldn't it make more sense that a sebillian if he had the option would close in and bash a human on the head?

i like to hear what you guys think about this

Edited by Korpah

1: I like that idea, it should be implemented, even though it might not be as useful. The stun baton should have a HUGE bonus to reaction shots though, because that would be awesome ('nuff said?)

2: I like this as well, in fact we should have a screen of showing nothing but soldier stats and stuff. This would be a good place for the memorial wall as well, just grey out their portraits and put wreaths under them or something. I might make this one a separate request, actually.

3: is being worked on, alien grenades will come eventually.

4: I totally agree, that'd be awesome. I don't know if we have the animations to do that, but if we did I would expect it to be fairly simple to add a melee attack, if they don't have one already.

Actually, I know it's unlikely, but having high ranked Sebillians just rush your troops and slice them in half with an energy sword, (think Elites in Halo) would be freaking awesome.

1. add a reaction strike to the stun bat much like the reaction fire from firearms

Would the aliens get something like this? It would make stunning them in the first place trickier, but would be a decent balance.

2. on the soldier screen in the barracks you see the soldier track record, like total missions aliens killed.

I was just thinking yesterday that it was a shame my Rocket Launcher guy would never get the credit for the 3 alien stuns from his stun rocket. Thumbs up for this one.

3. the aliens are a superior race, but what i noticed is that aliens don't make use of grenades. not sure why cause in my opinion every race should be able to see the gains from throwing a high explosive device to the enemies.

I think that there may actually be some alien grenades come launch time. I may have been goign around all this time with an assumption, but that's what I thought.

4. sebillian should gain a melee attack option,

Ah, I think this is where I was going with point 1) :) I've seen hints at such a thing, but I don't know if it's something that has been discarded. Like the grenades, it's one of those things that I'd not be surprised seeing at some point, but there's a lot of work being done in the mean time on other things.