So crap is hitting the fan relatively early every game for me, and I could use some help. Basically my problem revolves around air combat, because once the medium sized ships start appearing I can't take them out at all. Can't get them with 3 MIGs cant get them with 2 MIGs and a Condor equipped with a laser blaster as the MIGs kite it around and I unload all of the missiles, torpedoes, and blaster ammo into this thing. So any suggestions and/or advice?

What I usually do for medium ships early on is intercept them with a Mig, give them the four Avalanches or whatever I happen to have loaded, then return to base ASAP, slap some new missiles on and fly back at them. Doesn't matter if I'm not fully fuelled.

Some advice...

Migs are used for capital ships(medium,large,etc...)

To use them best you have to equip them with the 4 best heavy torpedos...Once in air combat...Slow the interceptors speed all the way down...once it's shoots it's missiles command it to immediately buck it out of the air combat with the afterburner on...

If the UFO doesn't crash...Wait atleast 1 hour(in case it doesn't have enough fuel) and send it back it...(you only have to have enough fuel so the airplane shoots it's missiles )

Interceptors are used mainly for scouts and Fighter's...It's only good till the middle powersized Fighter comes in...When the aliens put those in use...You need to use atleast 2 condors to down one...Also having upgraded to Alenium missiles it's a good choice...

Mainly Try to bum rush for armor and new interceptor...The X-37 Corsair...If you think the cost it's to big...Just enter manufactures with Excel(Notepad works fine too...just more easy...) and modify it to what you think is fair...

Also...At the start of the game...enter the files...Xenonauts/assets and open gameconfig with notepad...Then there should be a section with the starting money...Increase that if you don't want to fail everytime at the start(you simply don't have enough money in the current version to get started)...increase it probably to somthing like 3.000.000 M $...Because this comes into play at what I'm gonna say now...

At the start you are gonna need to upgrade your base so you don't fall behind air tech and you have enough hangar space(around 6 are good).Medbay is a good upgrade in the start.So coming back...You kinda want to have always 1-2 hangars available for either building new dropships or new interceptors...So you don't have to demomission you're other interceptors while they are building...Leaving you defenseless.

Ask for more tips if you need...Since I made it long enough in the game I'm starting to become more effective at air combat and air tactics...:).Hope this helps.

Edited by MisterLock