Spanish translation - SourCinnamon

After thinking about this, I decided to contribute with the English to Spanish translation. I just bought Xenonauts in Steam the last month and I remembered that in X-COM UFO the only language available was English. Now, I have the chance to contribute to make a translation for Xenonauts and that's pretty cool. In this thread I will post the updates of this project.

Feel free to contribute in this!

Edited by SourCinnamon

(not really on topic)

Interesting, the version I played (UFO:EU) had French and German as well as English.

(slightly more on topic)

Anyway, I can't really help with the translation (my Spanish has atrophied pretty badly), but I'm glad that we finally have a translation in Spanish going on. Good luck! :)

Anyway, I can't really help with the translation (my Spanish has atrophied pretty badly), but I'm glad that we finally have a translation in Spanish going on. Good luck! :)

Thanks anyway :)

I guess it's important to note that I'm from Colombia, so I guess it would be nice to have someone from Spain. You know, to have like an "standard" spanish translation (latin america spanish + spain spanish).

So again, if you want to help in this project, just send me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey if people still trying to work on this i could help a little, of course my spanish will be a little biased due to localization but in general i think most of us can agree on something.

Let me know.

what has been done? how far along is the translation?

Edited by xracer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm spanish and I think I could help. English texts looks pretty easy to understand (I have played 7 hours of gameplay so I have not seen so much.) But I think that everything that helps to expand community (Which probably assures future game improvements for all) should be done.

Let me know what you need.

I'm Spanish and I have translated several texts (technical and literary) to and from English, although I'm in no way a professional translator (I just looked up at wordreference how many fs and ss professional has, so you tell me...).

You could sum up all the text to translate and divide that among us, then we could all share and correct everything among ourselves.

Count me up, I'd prefer doing some big chunks such as the xenopedia entries but I'll do anything I can :)

• 4 months later...