Doing some minor changes, little help?

Hovis

Hey folks, I'm trying to mod the game to try out a few things and I was wondering if anybody could help.

Firstly I want to make the aircraft carry as many troops as possible. I figure for the Chinook this is 18, given the capacity. However I have not seen any of the other aircraft on the battle map, so I was wondering if somebody could tell me how many squares of capacity they have, assuming it is more than they have in the stock game.

Secondly I want to make hangars and F-17s cheaper, but I can't find where this is on the XML, or which XML to look for.

Any help much appreciated. :)

I'd need to poke around for the first question, but as for hangar and other base construction costs, have a gander at buildings.xml in [xeno dir]\assets. For the plane cost, try manufactures.xml (in the same dir).

Edit: sorry, I can only see how many soldiers they can currently carry, not the physical maximum. I don't have any save games that far since I've started afresh for v19 hotfix 1.

Edited by Ol' Stinky

There is a cost value in buildings.xml, it's second after the name. Scroll left. (;

If you still can't see it in whatever program you're using to read the spreadsheet, open it up in a text editor (preferably one that colour codes, uh, code). Change the value "100000" on line 152 to whatever you want the cost to be, and "7500" on line 153 to whatever you wish upkeep to be.

Edited by Ol' Stinky

By the way, popped into quickbattle to have a look at how big a shrike is. It looks like 20 slots max to me. Do you know how to use quickbattle? It's useful for testing stuff out: have a look at this if you need to quickly test something in the battlescape (scroll to the bottom).

ZQpVpPq.png

The file you want to fiddle about with is aircrafts.xml. It's been formatted to run as an excel file, so if you have excel you'll find it a lot easier. There's a hard cap of 16 soliders, regardless of what you alter (the UI and the game's set up for 16 soliders max). I don't think there's a hard cap to the number of vehicles (I could be wrong), but the game will deduct 2 soliders for each vehicle you put in, so it all evens out.

I crammed 18 into the Chinook and it's actually sort of okay. The UI does top out at 16 and sometimes a couple of the spare troops will bug out, but it doesn't seem like a terminal flaw. Using tanks should mitigate the problem.