Need another tester?

Welcome Xenonauts! (I do believe that would be the most appropriate term denoting a member of this community, no?)

Having watched a few let's plays of the game on YouTube I'm pre-hooked (that is, I am very eager to play the game... just haven't exactly bought it yet). And I am not going to ask you whether it is worth to buy (and I am conscious of the various implications of beta).

My question isb of a different sort: How far along is the game, how much more work, feedback, testing, brainstorming, etc. does it actually need?

The reason I am asking is that I have recently found that I cannot quite immerse myself in an SP game, and I'm thinking that providing my humble player-side assistance to a project such as this, might actually be quite engrossing. But: how much more of that is it needed? Is there still sufficient time for me to enjoy testing an unfinished product before I morph into just another consumer of a complete experience?

Thank you in advance for your replies :).

Sure, buy the game on steam (you get early access) and test away :D

The game is close to hit beta, that means most features are in. Now its mostly balancing, tweaking and such remaining.

replacing placeholders with final arts. updating and improving UI and such.

Edited by Spookyashell

Technically the game is in beta, but it won't be finished for quite some time. Some are predicting an early 2014 release, some a late 2013. Either way, you should have plenty of time to contribute to bug hunting, gameplay balancing, and general tomfoolery on the forums.

I'd say that there's always plenty of opportunity to contribute.

There's plenty of balancing to be done, features to fine tune, stress testing on the builds to happen, and indeed, tomfoolery of the highest Xenonauts related order to be undertaken.

Besides, getting in early allows you to have a voice on modding and prepare you for life as a consumer of the complete experience.

You told him to scrub!?!??! OMG, did you not hear about the "accident" when he confused the mop handle with the RPG launcher while trying to scrub out the officers mess without turning on the lights in the janitors closet?

What Mess?! All we've got are barracks, latrines, and that damned alien containme...

so that's why the damned Xenos keep dying before I could execute them...