[v19 experimental hotfix1] aborting mission when saving

Hi,

Saving game during a mission actually aborts the mission.

To reproduce do the following: click abort mission, chose no, then click save game, pick an existing savegame and confirm. At this point the mission is aborted.

To make the issue stop quit the game (exiting to geoscape is not enough) .

Another interesting thing, if after going to abort menu you save on a new slot everything goes as expected.

Edited by aeon

Huh, odd.

Hey, just a friendly reminder, in the future when you post a bug report, please include the bug location in the title.

For example:

"[v19 Experimental Hotfix 1 / Ground Combat] aborting mission when saving"

Good job on the version number, though, and even including the hotfix number too. :)

Thanks!

same problem as above

sadly my team must die it seems, the blood god was not happy with me

just tried to finish the mission by completely dieing, the game crashes on its way to the geoscape aswell

truely iron man mode must be intense with any lose killing the game

Edited by StonerSteve

I can confirm the bug posted by OP (actually I registered to the forums to make this known, as this seemed pretty strange)

The mission aborts when you try to overwrite existing save, after having previously 'abort mission'ed, but checked 'no' on the confirmation box.

---

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if this 'abort thing' is 'flagged on', and you are already in geoscape (without restarting the game executable), and try to overwrite a save, the game will crash.

Edited by Kalpa