Laser tech infinite once in mass production.

So as the thread name says...After you upgrade to plasma...Local forces get laser weapons.

What's weird is that they don't become mass produced.You still have to craft them even though military uses them...

This is just a quick suggestion...Sorry if I'm late and someone else posted this...

You can simply scroll down and check to see if someone else posted it. I checked though, no one has (not recently at least).

I agree with this idea, where once local forces get free laser tech, we should get it as well. It only makes sense, really. I mean, if the funding nations are giving us free ballistics weapons, why not free laser once they get widespread adoption?

I agree as well. However, only because the game introduces this concept from the beginning. I would prefer if you had to buy/produce *all* your weapons, just like the OG.

^This would be awesome. It was micromanagement but you actually felt like being in charge of something back then (and I still do when I play original XCOM)

Who doesn't remember those times when a base attack occured and you only had plenty of rookies, 4 assault rifles and 10 clips - And somehow still emerged victorious.

Considering the cost of laser technology vs ballistics, I would suggest that you get a set shipment of laser weapons every week or month once the worlds forces get their get hands on lasers. However the selling cost should be reduced once this occurs for the same reason, as everyone can produce them now.

Making them unlimited would be so much easier to code, and honestly, we have a quartermaster to handle incoming shipments. We can just assume that she (it's a woman in the new UI, isn't it?) is competent and isn't going to bother her CO with useless delivery schedules.

This can be done, it would simply require making a second copy of every laser weapon with a new name (MP Laser Rifle for example) and having that be unlimited, and doing a replace function when plasma is researched (like with grenades and missiles). Wouldn't get rid of the manufacture option though.

It would also require having spectre files for all the new laser weapons linked to the sprites for the normal laser weapons.

Rushing tech to get free lasers is lame. Nor do I agree that it makes sense because X-nauts get basic weapons for free. Unlike lasers basic infantry weapons are abundant and readily available. Governments have their own resources and they don't share them all with Xenonauts, they don't even share most of them. None of the basic vehicles and planes are free nor should something as high-tech and expensive as laser weapons be either.

2lcyd4z.jpg

I vote neeeeigh.