Missing final battle tech

So my current run is getting towards the endgame, but apparently the final battle is "teh broken" right now (V18), and this was fixed in the more recent experimental (I guess?).

Can anyone (Sathra has much experience here, I know), give me a quick rundown on what needs to be changed to get the last research available? I've got all other researches completed, including Battleship techs. I believe the vital, missing tech is Alien Leader Interrogation.

A related question is how the availability of research is checked by the game -- If I were to mod leader interrogation to be based on an already-completed tech (such as officer interrogation, imitating the official fix), would that enable me to research leader interrogation in my savegame? Would I need to capture another alien leader to do so? I've already captured two or so.

Okay, what's missing is that you need a tech called 'hyperdrive disruptor' and a leader to research leader interrogation. So if you change the 'hyperdrivedisruptor' part to whatever tech you've got researching at the moment it should unlock when the current tech is done.

You could just try deleting the disruptor part and seeing if it unlocks anyways, but it might not.

Did you add the line in the correct place? There's proper instructions in that post, you're supposed to have final mission enabled after you cancel the naming... should definitely work in V18, not sure if they removed that capability in V19.

But you have to modify the game files, it's not a default game feature, in case you missed that.

Did you add the line in the correct place? There's proper instructions in that post, you're supposed to have final mission enabled after you cancel the naming... should definitely work in V18, not sure if they removed that capability in V19.

But you have to modify the game files, it's not a default game feature, in case you missed that.

Yeah I just added the 1 line to the enterbasename.lua, not sure where else I could have went wrong.