Are my Soldiers Just Special?

Hi guys,

Loving this game, fantastic work.

Question on troops, my better soldiers (Captains, Majors) seem to be particularly poor marksmen. Maybe it's some sort of alien mind control thing? Even from point blank they seem to miss alot, then the alien will miss them!

I have had firefights with a bunch of my troops standing next to a group of aliens (literally next to them) and everyone popping off rounds but hitting nothing. Could be a weird coding thing, but it's very funny :)

Btw, any word on a window for release? So tempting to play properly right now, but I'm trying to hold back for release!

Yes, the Xenonauts soldiers are special, special needs that is. No one beyond the IQ of 80 could be convinced to join the organization. :P

I thought that everyone else was dead? :)

Those crazy farmer Joe guys with their shotguns seem to be better at shooting aliens than my troops!

My main group of soldiers are about 122 TUs (which appears to be the maximum) and I only have a 95% chance of hitting an alien with them when I am standing right next to them and I use a single shot with the maximum available TUs.

Most of the time, I use 30 TU shots for 30-44% chance of hitting.

I don't mind the high miss % as long as the aliens are similarly affected.

My main group of soldiers are about 122 TUs (which appears to be the maximum) and I only have a 95% chance of hitting an alien with them when I am standing right next to them and I use a single shot with the maximum available TUs.

BTW, how do you choose what kind of shot to take? Like snap,aimed ? Does it autoselect depending on available TU's or can I choose myself like I did in X-com? All I have found is single or burst. Haven't figured out how to make a aimed shot.

BTW, how do you choose what kind of shot to take? Like snap,aimed ? Does it autoselect depending on available TU's or can I choose myself like I did in X-com? All I have found is single or burst. Haven't figured out how to make a aimed shot.

With single shot selected, hover the target reticle over the enemy. Then right click to scroll through the options.

Every super soldier trying to save the planet from overpowered Aliens has always been a lousy shot, from the very beginning when computer games were invented. Someone mentioned Farm Joe being a shotgun sniping ace compared to out early game soldiers, it's all true!!!!

They could have been Commandos, Rangers, Seals, Green Berets, SAS, who knows? But when they get through that base door, they go back to shoot just as well as a 5 year old.

What the hell happened to that dude that could shoot an egg from a mile away? THAT'S A BARN DOOR RIGHT IN YOUR DAMN FACE, HIT THE F**** THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alas he can't, maybe the gun has a crooked barrel.

Someday, there will be a game where special forces soldiers WILL BE special forces. They wont miss a damn shot unless they're outta ammo; it will be all about weapon power, armor resilience, smoke and mirrors. Take that for a challenge.

Well, it's a combination of the intrinsic terror of alien invasion, coupled with familiarisation of the new equipment, plus the east European steroid regime the 70s Xenonauts have been placed on plus... waffle....waffle... look at the hands waving...look! :)

I don't mind the bad aim on the day axis, but z? I assume that when you try to full auto an alien from a square away and they all miss, that sbelian punk just grabbed the barrel and aimed down. Speaking of aim, what's up with grenades? If I had a nickel for every grenade yanked out of the sky by a magnetic flowerpot...

Had to share this, gold;

Continuing my tactic of charging in fresh (read, meatshields) troops with the riot shield, then bringing up my Officers behind them, the following happened.

4 soldiers all surrounding an alien. My best Officer (a Major) has the machine gun. I order him to decimate the alien scum. He proceeds to shoot and kill the soldier standing to his left, to his right and the guy standing behind the alien.

Next turn the alien promptly shoots and kills my Major, 1 shot. Another meatshield trooper shoots the alien from extreme range with a pistol, the alien takes the hit and then proceeds to shoot and kill said meatshield.

Hilarious.

I refer to my soldiers as the A-Team because they never hit anything

Well, we blew the heck out of that UFO. Huge amount of overdamage. It crashed into the side of that mountain. It plummeted 3000 feet into that valley. It's power core blew up, creating a blast wave that incinerated farmland with a diameter of about a mile around the ship.

No alien casualties....uh, oh it's the A-Team mod!