[V18 stable - Xenonauts Base attack] divers"

Hello,

I am currently in my second base attack (aliens attacking my base) and I found some bugs. Maybe they are not new, but I found nothing on "base attack" here.

• When the attack starts it is possible to position the own soldiers in the first room around the core room. This can be done once only. If they are positioned and the game is saved before the turn is click-ended, the soldiers will be in their initial un-moved places and a regular turn begins. The positions are lost.
  • Although no soldier was hurt or wounded before the base attack, some had only a fraction of their HPs when the base attack starts and had to be healed by Medkits.
  • minor item: The animation of the base machinery - computer, lamps, screens etc. - is not active in some turns.
  • During combat an enemy was standing "inside" a door/doorway and the door was closed. The enemy could shoot but not move. When trying to target that enemy the crosshair jumps away (still red) in 90% of the trials to random positions almost 10 squares away. If targeting was possible it was a miss. One soldier opened that door and standing in the doorway too, but shooting was still not possible. The enemy did not move away or shoot then. Enemy could be killed by a grenade that was thrown at the wall next to the door while one soldier kept the door open. Yes he was hurt by it too.
  • During the hidden movement "reaction fire" text and sound appears, but my soldiers are not in combat. Who or what is firing? Definitely not my soldiers.
  • Sometimes my soldiers have lost some HPs in my next turn although no under-fire animation was shown and no enemy was near.
  • Enemies can shoot through walls. (maybe this is the cause for the evaporating HP)
  • minor item: It is possible to load a game by doubble-click. But it is not possible to save or overwrite a game that way. Dialogue disappears but no save done.
  • MAJOR ITEM: I have killed all enemies in my actual base attack, but I always hear a teleporting sound in hidden movement but there is no enemy. Nowhere. I have looked everywhere. Multiple times. Covering as many rooms as possible but I always have another turn. I have read that this is a bug. Is there a workaround?

....thixotrop

1, Nice find, thanks.

2, I never see it happen :(

3, Known issue.

4, Known issue.

5, Civilian soldiers do reaction fire as well.

6, Sometimes the game doesn't show when your soldier was shot. Every time i hear a plasma weapon and a human dying sound I always cross my fingers and hope if it wasn't one of my soldiers. - Known issue.

7, It is a knwon issue, on some maps they can shoot trough walls :(.

8, Known issue.

9, On base missions, aliens can spawn out side the actual map :(

>1 Unfortunately that save game was overwritten and I can't reproduce it.

>5 In my base are no civillian soldiers, at least I don't see any. So where is the combat sounds coming from then?

>6 ok

>9 I tried that base attack game again and have seen an enemy in the radar room standing at the wall between some boxes. I don't know the type of enemy. It was blue and looked to have a human-ant or human-raptor head. Sorry I could see him only partly. This one was teleporting to this position and somewhere unknwown, maybe outsite the map. I could shoot but not hit him when he was visible, but he could shoot back (and hit). After some turns, he teleported again but did not come back. The teleporting sound stayed nevertheless and the base attack could not be finished anymore, as no enemy was available anymore.

Yep, Wraiths. And the reaction fire icon shows up when your troops are reaction firing, and doesn't always show the shot or result. I frequently see this when aliens are coming out of a ship, and likely when a wraith teleports in. At the moment the wraith can teleport multiple times per turn, and doesn't have the cooldown that is in the autopsy/vivisection text.

I'll have to try and nab a savegame of my troops reaction firing without it being shown.