14th June Development Update

-The new UI should be really nice and easy to read, so that'll be fixed soon (I hope. Right Chris? ;))

-See above

-You can just click on them normally to select more than one interceptor, no need for the ctrl click. Unless it's been changed since I last played.

-As in, be able to zoom in even more? It's an analog zoom, so there aren't set levels.

-Agreed, being able to see how far things are from your base, from your air squadron, etc. would be very useful.

Okay - I hope that the interface is overhauled quite a bit, because I've noticed that it becomes unresponsive at certain times.

- Arrows to assign engineers/scientists stop responding consistently. Click on them and there is an audible click but the number doesn't increment.

- Tabs at the top (Bases, Research, Workshop, etc.) become unresponsive.

- Click area in many interface options is entirely too small. I don't know if it's a scaling thing; I'm playing in 1600X1200.

Also, regarding the Steam version, it would be nice if there was an icon in the right click menu when Steam is on the taskbar and also if you set a Desktop Shortcut (basically, an icon assigned to the .exe file would do). I launch most of my games this way, since it 'remembers' the recently run games.

Oooh, nice.

The only "problem", imo, is that the scientist's head piece feels too bulky. Sticks out too much on both sides of his head.

I like it. It's very much like the kind of tech you'd see in the 70s era if you made a thing that sits on your face and has a screen.

I'm just glad you are still balancing the game! I honestly don't get the complaints. The rest of it pleases me besides some balance issues.

Thank for the updates Chris. I'm loving the game on steam.

I'm going to buy it for a few friends when I have money.

It's just fantastic.

I think the research screen thingy misses the point that a lot of sci-fi art does. What purpose does the earpiece opposite the eye piece have? Why is the scientist armed? the military does not typically give non-combatants weapons unless they have been trained and cleared for their use. And what's with the power glove and the ipad on his belt it just seems overly complicated. I could see one or two elements sticking around but they should serve a purpose, less in this case is more.

If the guy in the foreground was typing something in to the pad or manipulating something with the glove I'd be more accepting of their presence.

Obviously he's talking to you, the commander, in the screen. Once you leave, he goes back to manipulating holograms with the glove, typing things into his tablet-thingy, listening to/reading reports/data through his headpiece, and whatever else he does. Also, he's been armed throughout the research screens, so why wouldn't he have himself a nice shiny pistol? I definitely would design myself a sidearm were I in his position. Also, since they do work with live aliens, being armed makes sense. And I'm sure he's trained in the use of the weapons. He designed them, after all.

What purpose does the earpiece opposite the eye piece have?

In the 1970s, hearing aids, even futuristic looking ones were bulky. Most people choose not to mention such things to avoid embarrassing the wearer of such a device.. Then there are other posts ...:)

For base defence alone, I'm not surprised to see everyone with a side arm. As alien containment seems to be a large cardboard box in the corner of one of the labs in Xenonauts, there's even more reason.

I think the research screen thingy misses the point that a lot of sci-fi art does. What purpose does the earpiece opposite the eye piece have? Why is the scientist armed? the military does not typically give non-combatants weapons unless they have been trained and cleared for their use. And what's with the power glove and the ipad on his belt it just seems overly complicated. I could see one or two elements sticking around but they should serve a purpose, less in this case is more.

If the guy in the foreground was typing something in to the pad or manipulating something with the glove I'd be more accepting of their presence.

But what makes you assume that the scientist is not trained with his weapon? He's a military scientist, and indeed his original lab coat has epaulettes to emphasise that fact - I think it's you that missed the point there.

That said, I wouldn't really have expected you to notice every bit of detail in the artwork simply because it's a decorative piece of background art. The main role is for it to look nice and any deeper meaning is secondary. Criticising the artwork as "missing the point" because it doesn't conform to your subjective view of how future technology may look makes me think you're taking it a wee bit too seriously.

Isn't that getting just a bit too nitpicky? I think it looks great. The only reason it's even there is to put up a background for the research interface. You're supposed to be focusing on that, not the guys Google Glass in the the background. Edited by StellarRat

This might've been said already but i feel it's neccesary.

Xenonaut Commander: Research Director, what does your scouter say about the power of this blaster bomb?

Research Director: Why commander, it says it's OVER NINE- uhh, over nineteen tiles of destruction

This is a very good game, but it's unplayable for me due to all my save games CTD upon load. This happened in both the stable and experimental build, same issue. All my drivers are up to date and I've never had a problem on any of the ~30 games installed on my rig currently.

One (of many) crash logs;

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: xenonauts.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 51b9e380

Fault Module Name: xenonauts.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 51b9e380

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0008f461

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 9e27

Additional Information 2: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Additional Information 3: 9e27

Additional Information 4: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have same problem

details here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5941-V18-Stable-Steam-Crash-loading-any-save

I really like this game, but I consider it too painfull to have to start a new game after 2+ months of excellent progress, just because I am unable to load any save.

I really like this game, but I consider it too painfull to have to start a new game after 2+ months of excellent progress, just because I am unable to load any save.
If you're on the experimental branch/builds I think Steam is automatically going to update your game whenever Aaron releases a new build, that will probably make the previous save unusable. You might just stick with v18.3 until the next official i.e. none experimental beta is released.

If you're on the experimental branch/builds I think Steam is automatically going to update your game whenever Aaron releases a new build, that will probably make the previous save unusable. You might just stick with v18.3 until the next official i.e. none experimental beta is released.

This happened in v18.3 stable - aftar that I switched to 19.1 experimental/beta

same thing happened to me now in beta :(:mad:

Edited by Rebel44

iv had the same problems in v18. but been playing on 19 hot fix 1 for some time now and haven't had any problems at all with it, i had the normal issues but all those are survivable.

what i had to do on 18 is make safety saves because it only corrupts the game saves that you do until you restart the game, when it happens.

Edited by robertdg