[Research] Why do aliens mutilate cows, draw cropcircles and abduct rednecks?

I was wondering, will there be cow mutilation, crop circles and/or discovering (drunk) rednecks that are beeing anally probed inside larger UFOs in the game?

Maybe you could have research projects that take hardly any ingame time at all that explains why the aliens in Xenonautsare doing theese things in the UFOpedia. Could be used to add a bit of humor or atmosphere into the game if wanted.

I do realize this is polishing and not anything to prioritize deciding on. Just wanted to throw the idea out there =)

PS. is the title bad? should i change it? DS.

Actually they might be, but not often. Might not be map objects, but more as the 'Events' that boost the aliens' score.[/Quote]

I'v only seen industrial maps so far. is there any farm map like in EU? if so the aliens could make the copcircles in the farmfields on that map. Maybe as beacons or S.O.S messages because their radios got busted when you shot them up??

Probably no anal probing though. Maybe a table covered in blood with something vaguely human pinned to it?

You just need the table with the odd machinery in the middle of a room with a bright light above it and mentionings in the UFO pedia report about the series of images documenting the process stored in the console related to the table.

Edited by Gorlom

They dont need to be the ones that make the cropcircles. UFOpedia can explain its done by humans that are messing about or belong to some cult or whatever one might decide.

Never heard of square circles? .... me neither. But what says that the tiles cant contain part of a circle pattern despite being square?

I was more hinting that maybe it was the 'other' aliens who are making the circles... Dun dun duh...

You mean aliens to the aliens, the kind that are alien even to the aliens who are already very alien to us? They'd be like double aliens or aliens squared.

Edited by Jean-Luc

@ Gorlom, Oh right! Yeah none of those. But maybe other (well made) aliens could be incorporated =] from somewhere else.

or as Jean-Luc suggests, aliens squared. Like the Mr. Strong and Grumpy (From the Mr. Men), but aliens. Or maybe not...

And afterlight was the best of that series!

Edited by anotherdevil
blergul!

You know why it is left field? because it doesn't make a lick of sense...

Spoiler is used becasue frankly this part is just a lot of ranting. you can skipp it if you want.

While the idea of a horny space walnut might be funny the fact that it needs to kill off entire civilizations just to reproduce is so fucked up and screams of "intelligent design" rather then evolutionary process.

I dont understand why it was mindcontrolling races to first gut it, fit it out with tech for their comfort rather then the "comets", and then steer it across the universe (because its not intelligent enough to do that itself). Then have a courting where the races onboard kill each other off. Then the mating ultimately destroys the life on the planet they are copulating nearby. It cannot possibly have encountered enough civilizations early in it's spicies life-time to make this a viable evolutionary path. Thats some serious rampart mutation going on for this shit to even be possible and all of these walnuts somehow evolved close enough to each other that they can still mate?

I'm sorry but that piece of gargabe just angres me every time i think about it...

Edited by Gorlom
added spoiler for rant

I always through of them more like Ant Plants. A pre-made living hive. Its plausible that the 'alien warrior clan' part of reproduction is relatively recent. A male with a warrior clan would be better able to fend off other males, so would be more successful.

And the Psi-pulse would originally just be a call on some planet. Then either before or after the males started using warrior clans, the females started using them too. Just a pity that the psychic shout of a moon-sized entity is powerful enough to kill damn near anything.

Besides, the Mymecols are probably sentient in their own right. Their actions don't have to be sustainable.

The idea that a speicies needs to travel around the stars, land on a moon belonging to a planet with life and extinguish the life in it's reproduction cycle has some how evolved doesnt make sense. There would be other evolutionary paths that would be much more benefitial and lasting evolving long before this solution.

Besides, the Mymecols are probably sentient in their own right. Their actions don't have to be sustainable.

Yes they do, and please lets bury this discussion. It's pissing me off way to much.

Edited by Gorlom
Was a bit harsh in my phraseing. toned it down.