use of alien weaponry

I have just realised i have a sizeable stockpile of alien weaponry in my warehouse from my men picking them up in combat, and i have no way of using them.... i think it would be nice if there was a section that alowed you to equip you men with the captured weaponry (obviously you would be limeted by the amount of ammo you have captured but it would still be nice)

Also instead of just selling alien weapons automaticaly it would be cool if they just went into your warehouse for you to sell or use later

"Sizable stockpile?" erm, all alien weapons should be auto-sold. The only thing in your warehouse should be alien plasma clips, which are kept because they are later converted into alenium. That's a bug if you're keeping alien weapons as well! As cool as it might be, Chris has said multiple times that alien weapons are only intended for "last gasp" use, i.e. when a squaddie runs out of ammo and needs something he can pick up from an alien corpse.

"Sizable stockpile?" erm, all alien weapons should be auto-sold. The only thing in your warehouse should be alien plasma clips, which are kept because they are later converted into alenium. That's a bug if you're keeping alien weapons as well! As cool as it might be, Chris has said multiple times that alien weapons are only intended for "last gasp" use, i.e. when a squaddie runs out of ammo and needs something he can pick up from an alien corpse.

I have arround 30 alien guns that ive just noticed (mostly assault rifles) becaus my standard issue laser weapon ammo dosent last massively long

The only thing in your warehouse should be alien plasma clips, which are kept because they are later converted into alenium.

Maybe it's logical from developers point of view.

But it is absolutely un-logical from in-game point of view.

How do xenonauts know they need to store plasma clips BEFORE they invented alienum extraction process?

And if they storing clips "just for case", why don't they store alien pistols for same reason?

To me, both "total" desicions are better then current state -

- "sale all with no exception, extracting alienium if researched" or

- "store all with no exception, let player decide what to sell and (if researched) what to disassemble for alienium"

I'm still trying to figure out how he's keeping the alien weapons.

Unless it was fixed, I reported the bug months ago, probably last year, but it only affected certain items (plasma pistol and mags iirc).

In short, I spotted that if it's on the ground it gets auto sold at the end of the mission as expected, however if it happens to be in a soldier's inventory (they've picked it up) or possibly just in their hands, it goes to the warehouse.

I haven't played in a while so it might have been fixed, but it certainly was an issue at one point.

I just downloaded the demo, and haven't done much with it yet, but do the civilians pick up stray weapons and panic-shot everything in sight? Or, are some of them armed in the first place? I don't know if I can buy the game if I can't expect to see at least one disgruntled farmer with a duck-gun...

I just downloaded the demo, and haven't done much with it yet, but do the civilians pick up stray weapons and panic-shot everything in sight? Or, are some of them armed in the first place? I don't know if I can buy the game if I can't expect to see at least one disgruntled farmer with a duck-gun...

Shotgun.