Experimental Build V19 available (instructions within)

Ah yeah, didn't figure some would have a problem with the direct XML link. I'll momentarily put all the files together and upload a zip with everything together - weapon and gas fixes.

Here goes, unzip into assets folder:

www.xenonauts.com/v19fix.zip

Includes global smoke dissipation changes (thanks Stinky), Medkit fix (thanks lightgemini) and the fix removing smoke/fire from all weapons except smoke and stun grenades.

Hi

Just deployed this fix after manually doing some of the others from the thread. This fixed my issue with smoking UFO's from a crash site crashing the mission at the end. However, I now seem to have lost the damage numbers from shooting aliens which were originally appearing over their heads whenever they were hit. Anyone else had this?

Hi

Just deployed this fix after manually doing some of the others from the thread. This fixed my issue with smoking UFO's from a crash site crashing the mission at the end. However, I now seem to have lost the damage numbers from shooting aliens which were originally appearing over their heads whenever they were hit. Anyone else had this?

That one's my fault. Could you try using the config.xml from this link and see if everything's alright?

What happened was that I'd modded my v19 config before knowing about the smoke bug to get rid of the subdued sfx during hidden movement and didn't want to put the fix in that, so I used a backup for the smoke edits - which turned out to be from v18. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Something else I found which caught me out - I dropped a stun nade which obviously billowed smoke but this was early so I wasn't worried. I moved on and forgot about it. The game crashed so I thought back to that nade and reloaded from a point after I threw it. I checked out the area which was now under FOW as I had moved away and there was still some static smoke, presumably in the state my soldiers last saw it. Once one of my squad go there to take a look it disappeared and I could finish the mission.

This is just in case anyone else has the same scenario

Are there any plans for an official hot fix for this build, or will the next one come out next week, as predicted? I managed to get to the end of november on this playthrough, but its turning out to be quite unplayable... so many bug and balance issues, it does feel it was quite a few steps back from the previous build :(

A few other bugs ive noticed, during missions:

Destroyed objects will sometimes respawn, after reloading. Soldiers may get trapped on them.

One of my soldiers got stunned, and after a couple rounds, his body disappeared from the ground, but looking through inventory it was still there, and got back to base.

On a couple occasions on terror missions, soldiers didnt restore AP on the beginning of the round, and were not suppressed.

Maybe the Mig-32 is not supposed to have 4 HP, but it does for now. If its supposed to be that way, but we can only change 2 of those HP, the 2 missile HP sometimes get stuck with sidewinders, after researching alenium explosives. I do hope they keep those 4 HP...

Oddity:

On an alien mission base, i sat on spawn and watched aliens shoot walls for 25-30 rounds, every single round. That's a lot of ammo. But if i kill an alien on the first couple rounds, he has but a couple, or no clips. I wonder where they get the rest???

Hi guy's i found few others bugs:

- it happen sometime you can't select a caracter with the mouse but you can select it in the bar (1,2,3 ...) .

- You can't do a quick reload on laser sniper rifle, you have to open the bag and drop a clip on it.

- Automatic door in spaceship don't close everytime, so they can shoot you.

- At the Geoscape: When you finish your mission for a city under terror, the popup spawn like 10-15 time before it tell you that they are please ...

Suggestion: can the cattle rod do more damage ? only 4hp it worthless.

Have a nice evening !

I think its simply due to the weapons window in aircombat being the way it is. It is designed for 2 missiles and a cannon, or 4 missiles, so if it was simply removed it would look weird and/or crash.

Im not sure I follow. Should the foxtrot have 2 or 4 slots then? The in game encyclopaedia entry mentions it doesn't have a cannon so assumed it had 4 slots to make up for that. Annoying at the moment because I really want more torps loaded to take on the larger vessels, or at least the bigger missiles and not sidewinders in the other slots

Hi guy's i found few others bugs:

- it happen sometime you can't select a caracter with the mouse but you can select it in the bar (1,2,3 ...) .

- You can't do a quick reload on laser sniper rifle, you have to open the bag and drop a clip on it.

- Automatic door in spaceship don't close everytime, so they can shoot you.

- At the Geoscape: When you finish your mission for a city under terror, the popup spawn like 10-15 time before it tell you that they are please ...

Suggestion: can the cattle rod do more damage ? only 4hp it worthless.

Have a nice evening !

I think it pops up 10-15 times if you reload your game during that terror mission 10-15 times.

Medipack bug confirmed and FIXED!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xajsaxyiwniki6/weapons.xml

Download and overwrite file in assets folder. There was a typo on both med packs that had them use 1 ammo instead of 50 and 100.

Note: Machinegun weight was 12.5 now is 8, rocket launcher was 12.5 now is 6. No wonder you can get more ammo. Ammo on MG now weights 1 more. I think this way you can equip jackal armour on MG users withou severe penalties. Now you would choose more ammo no armour or less ammo+armour. Seems cool IMHO.

I'm a noob and have no idea how to do this. Should I even try?

I'm a noob and have no idea how to do this. Should I even try?

If anything goes wrong, we can probably guide you through fixing it.

1) Download the file.

2) If you have a Xenonauts shortcut on your desktop, right-click on it and select "open file location". Alternatively, if you're on Steam, find Xenonauts in your library and right click on it; then select "properties". There's a "local files" tab, and inside that, an option to "browse local files".

3) Go inside the assets folder and look for weapons.xml. Make a copy of it, just in case anything goes wrong. Place Lightgemini's version here and tell your computer that yes, you want to replace the existing file.

4) Play Xenonauts!

Sorry if I sound snarky or patronising, I honestly don't mean to. I'm cursed with not only a sarcastic tone of voice, but a sarcastic tone of text.

Thanks all for putting up those temporary fixes. I have just released an update for the experimental branch that fixes the medical kits and explosives crashes. Additionally, there have been some fairly major alterations to the alien turn/hidden movement screen.

We will only be uploading the major stable revisions of the game to Desura/Humble from now on - updating them is just too time consuming to put risky builds up there.

Also please post bugs in the experimental bug forum if at all possible - I do see them when they are posted here, but the chances of them slipping through the cracks is pretty high.

If anything goes wrong' date=' we can probably guide you through fixing it.

1) Download the file.

2) If you have a Xenonauts shortcut on your desktop, right-click on it and select "open file location". Alternatively, if you're on Steam, find Xenonauts in your library and right click on it; then select "properties". There's a "local files" tab, and inside that, an option to "browse local files".

3) Go inside the assets folder and look for weapons.xml. Make a copy of it, just in case anything goes wrong. Place Lightgemini's version here and tell your computer that yes, you want to replace the existing file.

4) Play Xenonauts!

Sorry if I sound snarky or patronising, I honestly don't mean to. I'm cursed with not only a sarcastic tone of voice, but a sarcastic tone of text.[/quote']

As long as its good advice I don't mind snarky.

Edited by sc0ttxxx

In order to access the experimental build, you need to open your Steam library, right click on Xenonauts and click on properties. Click the Betas tab in the properties window that appears, enter the code "XenoExperiment" and click "Check Code". When that is validated, use the drop down box on that same page to select "Experimental - Latest changes, unstable" and then click Close. Steam will then download the updated files for the new build, and you can begin playing. It's worth noting you can opt to go back to the non-experimental build if you want, using the same drop down box in the Betas tab.

Got this game a few days ago, and when I entered the code and got the code validated, I still only see "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" as my only option, despite it saying "Access code correct, private beta "Experimental' is now available. Clicking on the drop down box does not seem to create a drop down menu for me. Is this an issue with the game, or steam itself?