Experimental Build V19 available (instructions within)

Woah massive Foxtrot nerf?

Anyone know if the Corsair now has 4 slots to make it worth building?

Spotted this as well, I half-presumed that it was a bug. The Foxtrot with 4 weapon slots was a decent aircraft, with 2 it's fairly mediocre. If it's a balance fix maybe instead of dropping straight to two maybe have two heavy weapon points (for Avalanches) and two normal weapon points (for sidewinders)?

Note: I left it for smoke and stun grenades because they're often extremely important to have, but if you use them, make sure not to end the mission before smoke dissipates. Which means that you can not use stun grenades to capture the last alien on the map or you will get a crash.

Thank you and stinky for the fix!

To help ensure the smoke dissipates on the next players turn, you can change the "dissipationchance" to read 100 in the gas_gc file. Also, something I didn't try yet, in the same file there's a link to the animation ... I've wondered if turning off the animation for the smoke can be done by simply changing the code to return nothing, ie <Anim />. The player can use the shot chance displayed to help give them an idea of which tiles still contain smoke.

Anyway, I tested the dissipate chance (100) and it works great for smoke ... Smoke them, move in, then next turn shoot. I like to pretend (at the moment) that there is a strong wind blowing.

Thanks again for you're quick fix!

Im on the 3rd mission and after I shoot the last alien and the game goes back to the geoscape the game keeps crashing - im also using the Experimental Build V19.

I keep crashing back to windows with this message - "Xenonauts has stopped working..."

Now I cant play anymore? anyone else have this issue?

Edited by ultimaedge

Im on the 3rd mission and after I shoot the last alien and the game goes back to the geoscape the game keeps crashing - im also using the Experimental Build V19.

I keep crashing back to windows with this message - "Xenonauts has stopped working..."

Now I cant play anymore? anyone else have this issue?

I have this exact issue. Are you saving during combat? My theory is that's the cause.

Medipack bug confirmed and FIXED!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xajsaxyiwniki6/weapons.xml

Download and overwrite file in assets folder. There was a typo on both med packs that had them use 1 ammo instead of 50 and 100.

Note: Machinegun weight was 12.5 now is 8, rocket launcher was 12.5 now is 6. No wonder you can get more ammo. Ammo on MG now weights 1 more. I think this way you can equip jackal armour on MG users withou severe penalties. Now you would choose more ammo no armour or less ammo+armour. Seems cool IMHO.

i love the community around xenonauts =) cheers Lightgemini

edite: i will post this @ the bug forum but it seems that the change in @ a chance of bullets that miss to hit there target. that this causes alot of my xenonauts to fire on there colleague's that stand next to them, just 10 minutes in the game and i had 4 KIA cause of friendly fire

Edited by Korpah

I get the end of mission crash, even with the 'smoke fix' found in this thread which overwrote a file. However if no fire and smoke causing sources are used, such as exploding a tank or using grenades then the game does not crash.

Try including this file in your Xenonauts folder: modified gas_gc.xml. It won't fix all of the problems, but it'll help with some world-spawned smoke. I've included a backup of the smokey original for when a proper fix does become available.

I don't know how helpful this modified version of config.xml is, in which I've modified <TerrainExplosive fireChance="20" smokeChance="50" /> to be 0 on both counts, but if you still get problems even with the modified gas_gc.xml from above, it's worth a shot.

Edited by Ol' Stinky

I couldn't get the file either, so i made the changes myself. Smoke on smoke grenades and stun grenades is not disabled (you'll have to wait for it to wear off if you use them), but everything else is.

Fire chance is disabled for everything.

weapons_gc.xml obsolete/removed

I dont think this will be the magic recipe, tho, there is still smoke on UFO, and i have no clue how to disable that.

Edited by Xenomorph

I couldn't get the file either, so i made the changes myself. Smoke on smoke grenades and stun grenades is not disabled (you'll have to wait for it to wear off if you use them), but everything else is.

Fire chance is disabled for everything.

weapons_gc.xml

I dont think this will be the magic recipe, tho, there is still smoke on UFO, and i have no clue how to disable that.

Go to gas_gc.xml in assets and and change the dissipation chance to 100% (or d/l my gas_gc from a few posts up).

Ah yeah, didn't figure some would have a problem with the direct XML link. I'll momentarily put all the files together and upload a zip with everything together - weapon and gas fixes.

Here goes, unzip into assets folder:

www.xenonauts.com/v19fix.zip

Includes global smoke dissipation changes (thanks Stinky), Medkit fix (thanks lightgemini) and the fix removing smoke/fire from all weapons except smoke and stun grenades.

Edited by Solver

HOW FREAKING SWEET use the mod page on the launcher and it can pick up your .rar file and install it as a mod no need to extract anywhere

edit: maybe not didnt seem to work. does putting the files in the game folder in steam work. steam usually 'fixes' modded files doesnt it if its online.

Edited by Orangehat44

Hi, First thank you for the developement progress. I really enjoy this kind of game ( i bought x-com when it came out, a long time ago), i am a turn-based fan !

i have the v19 from steam and the fix package from here. The game crash in a land battle as soon as : I reload a saved game from the same map or i finish the map itself. I don't wear any grenades or rocket. Also the Aliens still see me thru wall or spaceship, they shoot at every obstacle from him to my guy's.

I can provide a saved game file if you want, keep doing your great work !!

Edited by imotep