Ability to go through windows

It should definitely be a 'clumbsy' move (high AP/vulnerability). They should be an alternate (but risky) means of escaping a room, and not treated like just another door. It might add some interesting tension... Trapped in a room, 'I could go out that window, but I'll be at risk... Should I do it?!'.

I love when you can inject a bit of mini-drama into a game with little details like that (and random events as well).

Maybe for fluff, but here's a few things that make it unnecessary:

If we look through a window and see something inside, it would be unlikely we would vault in, instead just hang in there, shoot through the window if there's enough AP, and stay in cover. Instead of storming in, have no AP left, and hide under a table.

And if we don't see anything, we'd probably keep going down just to make sure there's no alien around the corner. And chances are there will be a door nearby :)

It did look cool in EU, but many cool things on it didn't make it a good game.

And of course, it's not stealthy, and can rip nasty holes on the uniform. Ouch.

Edited by Xenomorph

You can vault in through windows if you set them in the spectre.

Because of the way the sprites work though your soldier will not be able to be drawn inside the window frame so there is a lot of clipping, it doesn't look great.

You can also set windows to be openable (as with doors) so you can wander to a window, open it, vault inside, then close it behind you rather than breaking it.

You can also set windows to be openable (as with doors) so you can wander to a window, open it, vault inside, then close it behind you rather than breaking it.

The actual animation for the window entering isn't terribly important. I just figure you jump the guy 1 tile (like a move), with maybe a frame or two of the vault graphic, if needed. Then again, I guess I'm making assumptions about how the engine works!

Even if it's treated like entering a door (you just move from one tile to the one beside it) would be fine. Breaking the window or opening it in the process.

Sure, you can go around or go to the door, but this just adds another option, which comes in handy when the other two aren't ideal (...large building with a door only on one end... or if you want to cut through the building... or if you are in a room, and the alien is outside the only door, etc).

Well, it could be useful in certain situations to prevent silly cases like a soldier back in EU who couldn't leap over a 40 cm wooden fence. However, most windows in Xenonauts are either too small or probably reinforced, so you have to make bullet holes in them to pass anyway. So I think it's not terribly vital.