I see in the vids that you can carry corpses (alien/human).

I'm just wondering if you have to pick up alien corpses before winning the battle in order to collect them for research/autopsies, or does it assume that after the battle, you collect the bodies lying around (...game does it automatically for you).

If it DOES collect them for you at the end of the battle, what is the purpose of the ability to carry corpses? Just curious.

If you win combat, everything gets collected. The game logically assumes your troops secure everything that can be obtained from the site. But carrying things to your chopper will let you keep them even if you have to abort the mission.

That all makes sense. Okay, cool. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't burning myself of hard-earned 'loot' by assuming they collected stuff at the end! I guess it does allow for future use (rescue incapacited soliders, etc), if it's not utilized currently.

Also lets you rescue stunned aliens from trigger-happy local forces.

Sounds strange, but its true.

Yeah, I don't blame the locals, but it's annoying as hell. You've finally Stunned your first commander, along comes some hick with a shotgun, and turns your valuable intel into a useless cadaver. :(

• 3 years later...